Klipsch Tangent 500 wanted

plumnut

Used to have Infinity speakers until my friend talked me into Klipsch and now I am hooked. I have a pair of 400s.Ilove them . I play those suckers so loud my ears bleed. i never heard music until i heard my klipsch. Does anyone know where I could buy a pair of Tangent 500s?? If you have anything to help me out please let me know ASAP. Thanks

Plum 16.gif

instead of searching for tangent 500's why not look at some newer models. not dawging the 500's, but i am sure there is others out there that sound just as good or better and are easier to find. If you like the tangents you may like the Legend series, specifically the klf-20's. they are said to have a very "rock" sound to them. I had some klf 10's and they sounded pretty good with hard rock, and just rock in general. did i mention they are loud as hell. 9.gif

• 1 month later...

Hey, how about some Fortes instead? Very similar to Tangent 500, but slightly smaller and far more available. I just did an a-b comparison last weekend between my Fortes and a friend's Tangent 500s. My impressions:

Construction: Fortes definitely better built; smaller cabinet but about same weight as Tangent (partly woofer magnet weight), corner cleats on Forte but not on Tangent, less resonant panels on Forte. Tangent mounts passive radiator on front (less placement-critical), Forte on rear.

Drivers: Mid and tweet essentially identical. Woofers different; Forte has ribbed cone, rubber reverse half-round suspension, larger magnet. Tangent has treated textured cone, accordion surround, smaller magnet. I'm guessing Tangent has a higher free air resonance and higher Qts, requiring the larger box to get low bass.

Sound: Tangent very slightly more efficient, more forward, slightly louder bass, good imaging. Forte very slightly less efficient, very lifelike, slightly cleaner and deeper bass, excellent imaging, particularly good soundstage depth and ambience.

Verdict: Tangent seems to be a cost-controlled Forte. Tangent is a better party speaker, Forte a better critical listening speaker, especially for acoustic music. Both are FAR better than average speakers. Both can make your ears bleed. I prefer Fortes. If you go for Tangent 500s, brace those cabinets! Good luck.

Don

• 3 months later...

I have a set of 500's if you are still interrested in them. Let me know what you would be willing to pay for them including shipping (from St. Louis) and I am willing to consider it. I am the original owner of them, purchased them in 91. They are in excellent condition with a few cat snags in the front screens. But other than that They are in great shape.

Jason