PROBLEM WITH PROMEDIA 4.1 SUB

Hello there!

I have serious problem with my 4.1 Promedia system...

(which i bought 9 months ago...)

The subwoofer...

I cannot increase the bass volume, because at a very low level starts making noise (something like full distortion) and everything start shaking around the house... The bass absolutely sucks.... (if you can call it bass).

So, from yesterday, i have the sub turned almost off, so i can hear from the sats.... Not from the sub....

PLEASE...

ANYONE KNOW WHAT MIGHT HAPPENED????

OR WHAT TO DO....

IS THE SUB "BURNED"?

IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH THE CABLES? (I've checked them, i didn't see anything anusual...)

WHAT CAUSED THIS?

----------------

On 7/16/2003 4:04:45 AM angelheart wrote:

The subwoofer...

I cannot increase the bass volume, because at a very low level starts making noise (something like full distortion) and everything start shaking around the house... The bass absolutely sucks.... (if you can call it bass).

So, from yesterday, i have the sub turned almost off, so i can hear from the sats.... Not from the sub....

----------------

you wrote you can't increase the bass volume but what master volume are you driving these at to have everything shaking around the house... unless this is a symptom of the problem, phew...

Make sure you're not doing that thing they told me about "clipping" which causes the subwoofer to have high volumes it shouldn't. Check your volumes. In fact, skip it. Get your CD player and hook it up to your system with the bass boost turned off. If it still rattles and distorts, I don't know what to say. Maybe a bad amp or a blown sub.

----------------

On 7/16/2003 6:53:42 AM MD1032 wrote:

Maybe a bad amp or a blown sub.

----------------

MAYBE YOU ARE RIGHT8.gif8.gif8.gif

The main volume control is in the middle (or less...) and the sub is below 1/4 of his control when the bass is starting to make this noise (distortion? the room is shaking and there is no GOOD bass out of the sub... There is only bass like o shiphorn (i believe that you understand what noise i mean....)

----------------

On 7/16/2003 7:38:55 AM angelheart wrote:

----------------

On 7/16/2003 6:53:42 AM MD1032 wrote:

Maybe a bad amp or a blown sub.

----------------

MAYBE YOU ARE RIGHT
8.gif8.gif8.gif

The main volume control is in the middle (or less...) and the sub is below 1/4 of his control when the bass is starting to make this noise (distortion? the room is shaking and there is no GOOD bass out of the sub... There is only bass like o shiphorn (i believe that you understand what noise i mean....)

----------------

Soudns like a blown sub driver

8.gif

----------------

On 7/16/2003 10:55:04 AM Bohemian_Rhapsody wrote:

i am sure that you must have checked this out but make sure that there is no unmuted mic near your speakers...

----------------

3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif

THE WINNER IS Bohemian_Rhapsody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how, but the mic was unmuted... It's not close to the sub, it is 5-6 metres away but, that was it!!!

9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

BIG THANKS GUYS&GIRLS!!!!!!

----------------

On 7/17/2003 5:14:57 PM MD1032 wrote:

It is essentially feedback at a low frequency. Ouch.

----------------

No, it IS feedback. Essentially means it is basically but not quite. When you have feedback, whether it is high frequencies circumfixing a system or low frequencies, it is always still feedback.

Just a technicality but I am one to point out things like that 1.gif