vinyl, shellac, tubes & other goodies

artto

Went to a few estate sales today. Record hunting. All three places I went to actually had records! The first two, mostly typical stuff you run into at garage sales occasionally. But the third one.......that was the motherload. All I had to do was randomly pickup any 78' or 45'. 45's with things like the Beach Boys, The Supremes, Neil Sedka, Brenda Lee, Edgar Winter, Dion, Shelley Fabares (any of you guys remember her? what a babe), The Chantay's (Pipeline), John Lee Hooker, just to name a few. Most with the original sleeves! When I got home I found in the mix what appears to be a 45' 'photo album for record promotion only' of Elvis Presley, "Memories of Elvis Series", in mint condition!!!

The 78's were even better. Dinah Shore, Benny Goodman, Ella Fitzgerald, Perry Como and more. Same thing, all the original sleeves! Boxes of this stuff. Chills were going up my spine. I ask how much. $40. "I'll take it" I'm thinking "Don't you people have any idea what's in these boxes?

Then, one of the old guys (older than me anyway, LOL) is helping me load my Explorer & he starts asking me about turntables. The subject quickly moves to include tubes. He has some tubes too. Just a cigar box full. Mostly smaller types, probably for smaller radios & TV's. Some look kind of strange. If any of you are looking for something specific let me know. I'd be willing to part with these. And NO, there are no RCA cleartops or Telefunken.