Road trip

I haven't thought about this too much for the past three months, but the time has finally come. My beloved wife has given me permission to take a road trip to Atlanta to pick up the black satin Khorns and Belle center. I pick up the rental Dodge Grand Caravan this evening, yank the two rear sets of bench seats out, and toodle on down the road. Get the horns out of storage tomorrow am at 9 in Marietta, hopefully hook up with Edster for an hour or two to chill out, and then toodle back to the Lou.

The speakers will land in the basement at the new house, where they will be fighting with the Belles, La Scalas, and single Heresy. Sometime next week I should get the 299c from Dee and the Quicksilvers from Dean, and the sorting and matching will begin.

Is there a good restaurant we should hit either coming or going along the way?

A good man listens to his wife, but marches on his stomach, to paraphrase General Patton.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave,

Sorry I didn't read your post BEFORE your road trip. Used to live in Atlanta and could have offered a variety of suggestions to pick from to perfectly suit your mood at the time.

Putting the Khorns and Belle in storage is a good idea if not convenient to pick up as soon as available. I'll have to remember that sometime when it might be just the thing to facilitate Khorn acquisition.

Regards,

Dee

p.s. UPS has temporary custody of the 299c2.gif

Hey everyone,

the road trip was a success. My audio engineer friend and I bugged out from St. Louis Friday night at 9 pm and pulled into Marietta at 7 am, having napped at a rest stp in KY and being run off the road at 80 mph in Tennessee6.gif

I am going to need help getting the cornerhorns set up. The previos owner ran these as part of a tri-amped home theater, and the Khorn crossover network does not have the woofers hooked up at this time. The Khorns have AK3 crossovers, and the center belle has an AB crossover. They are from the 89 - 90 era, hence the newer crossovers.

They appear to be in good physical shape, with no dings, scratches, or damaged cabs and crossovers, and they were wrapped in plastic sheeting. The belle has an oak veneer under the black - can't tell about the Khorns yet.

Ed, I am sorry that we didn't get the chance to hook up. My wife's cell phone was not cooperating, and we were so damn tired that we just bolted back home when we got the speakers loaded. The owner freaked out when we got everything in, but I had confidence in the advice given here about transport. Thanks, everyone.

Heading to the bath and bed now, but I should get some time to work with setting them up in the am.

Toodles,

Dave