Need new receiver ASAP!

KlipschPhreak

I have KLF-30 for mains, rc-3 center, rs-3 surrounds, and a 15" cerwin vega sub. Here is my situation... My Sony STR DA-50 ES receiver crapped out on me. I was sending it to Sony for repair and the unit was further damaged in shipping by UPS. I will be receiving a check from UPS for $740.00 for the cost to repair the DA 50 ES, however Sony has agreed to replace it with the 4ES. Or I can take the money and run, and purchase the Denon 1082, or Yamaha VX 1300 or 2300. All receivers are in the same ball park as far as cost goes. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Just in case you may be interested, Sony is about to launch a new line of ES receivers. They are totally new designs, bearing no resemblence with their receivers of the last number of years. I think some use digital amplification. They are viewable on the Sony website (which suck out loud, I might add.) So, you might want to wait a few weeks and check'em out. They are coming out now through August, I believe.

Hey,

I was letting my father who I'm visiting use this name to ask questions. I have been browsing the forum for awhile now and I figured that you guys would help... Thanks for all the input, he really appreciated it.

Well, now for a question of my own.

I was thinking about getting an RW-12 once they are released. Has anyone heard anything about the specs, or how they perform? I have RF-5 (mains), RC-3II (center), RS-3II (surrounds), and an Infinity Entra 2 (12" sub). I demoed the KSW-12 against the Infinity and obviously you know which I liked better. Now I hear that Klipsch is coming out the the new sub so I don't know if the perfomance of the RW-12 will be worth ditching my Infinity and shelling out the money for the new Klipsch! What do you guys think???