Myer Emco?

Canin2323

----------------

On 8/5/2003 8:36:03 PM Canin2323 wrote:

Has anybody been to Myer Emco in Virginia? I heard they sell klipsch and aragon and are a authorized dealer. Is this true?

----------------

Where is it at in Virginia? If it is not to far away, I may have to cruise on up and check'em out.

The closest one near my house is in northern virginia (fairfax). There's also one at bailey's crossroads, Tyson's corner, Gaithersburg, Georgetown, Bethesda, Frederick, Sterling, Fairfax, and Clarendon. They say they have been in business since 1955. Some guy at bestbuy told me they sell klipsch and the B&W Nautilus series.

It seems to me that, in Maryland anyway, Myer-Emco has become less prominent in recent years. SoundWorks in Kensington, MD, (corner of Connecticut and Knowles; apparently no website) displays quite a bit of Klipsch, though not Heritage, in their considerable stock of middle and high-end equipment. It carries Aragon according to its yellow pages ad. JS Audio in Bethesda (www.jsaudio.com) is another excellent store, carries a respectable selection (e.g., McIntosh) but not Klipsch.

Larry,

I'm in Kensington almost everyday and I work in Bethesda. I've never seen these store but I will certainly check them out. Thanks.

All these places in my backyard and I've never been to one of them. Not that I need anything but it's nice to look.1.gif

Myer Emco is mainly in Northern VA and no they don't sell Klipch.

Soundworks in Kensington, MD is where I bought all my Klipsch. Here's a tip for anyone going there, make sure you talk to Mark the owner(there's 2 Mark's so get the right one). Since he's the owner, he's concerned with making money but not any commision. Slip into the conversation that you've been looking at online pricing(he asked me if I had) and tell him the pricing you've found. When I told him, his face seemed to light up with excitement and he told me, "I can always beat the internet". Anywho, I walked away with some Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, and RS-3II for $1285. The cheapest internet pricing I could find on the set was around $1200, but that was before shipping and it wasn't even from an authorized dealer. The have a website but there's nothing on it but their phone and address.

www.soundworksonline.com

Canin,

If you're looking for a Klipsch dealer in No Va, there's one in Falls Church called Sound Images. Their site doesn't mention Klipsch because they only recently started carrying them. They also have hard to find brands like Legacy and Hsu Research.

Myer Emco did have a store, at least about 2 yrs ago, in Laurel Maryland. I was in it!

They are a great store IMHO. There lead speaker at the time was B&W with Boston Acoustic second. This was my impression based on the displays and over hearing many sales pitches.

Regards,

mm

I stopped in Sound Images today for a look. They have really nice equipment and although the guy I spoke to was nice, he was definitely a high-end snob. They had the RF5 series but no 7s. He also said that if I wanted to hear them I would have to call an hour in advance so they could hook them up.

After discussing klipsch for a bit, letting me know they can order the heritage line as all reference stores can, he told me that all klipsch sound the same. If I liked my cornwalls then I would like the RF5s or 7s since all klipsch speakers basically sound the same. HA!

He did tell me he saw a pair of cornwalls in the Washington Post classifieds today for $400 (in VA). By the time I got back to the office and called they were sold. Anyone here lucky enough to have grabbed them?

----------------

On 8/9/2003 8:38:13 AM Canin2323 wrote:

Ok soundimages guy doesn't sound too nice. How are their prices?
----------------

When I went to check them out, they were still waiting for their 1st shipment of Klipsch and I haven't been there since, so no help here. Although Klipsch is in their lower end(price wise) of the stuff they carry so maybe that's why the guy wasn't too nice. When I went in, I talked to a few guys, one of whom used to own Heritage. The two guys I talked too were good to me.