Anyone near Brookfield, Conn ?

Tony Boone

----------------

On 8/12/2003 1:03:42 PM jhawk92 wrote:

Tony-

That is basically in my backyard. I am about 3 miles over the town line from Brookfield into New Milford. If I can help, let me know. I do have a digital camera.

----------------

Thanks. I already know what they look like just don't have any way to get up there to pick them up. There are 4 Altec 816 cabinets that I'll be bidding on. Not sure how to get them to the Gulf Coast. They're not small but shouldn't cost too much to have shipped to me.

If I win the auction what would you charge me to do the foot work on your end to get them to me? I'll do the phone work and find a shipper.

Let me know. These are priced cheap and I'd hate to pass up four nice low end driver cabinets with speakers.

Thanks,

Tony B.

Tony-

I found the auction, and wow, are those big. Good thing I have an Explorer. I bet it may take a couple trips.

If you do all the phone work, I'll be happy to drop them off at a shipper. I will be out of town this Fri-Sun and then again Tue-Wed, so I'm not sure when the auction closes and if the seller could hang onto the cabinets for a few days. If it's a local shipper, then I don't mind running the cabinets around. If I need to drive them somewhere far, then maybe just gas money? Shoot me a pvt email and we can discuss more.

Rob

----------------

On 8/13/2003 10:33:32 AM jhawk92 wrote:

Tony-

I found the auction, and wow, are those big. If you do all the phone work, I'll be happy to drop them off at a shipper. I will be out of town this Fri-Sun and then again Tue-Wed, so I'm not sure when the auction closes and if the seller could hang onto the cabinets for a few days. If it's a local shipper, then I don't mind running the cabinets around. If I need to drive them somewhere far, then maybe just gas money? Shoot me a pvt email and we can discuss more. Rob

----------------

Hi Rob,

Just wanted to thank you for your offer to help with these speakers. I apologize for not responding sooner. Have been very busy in and out of town this week.

I decided not to take the speakers as I have to many other things going on right now that require my time. This would have just been headache although I'd love to have a set of those 816 cabinets and speakers. They do put out some punch for sure.

Had a friend that had a set back in the '70s. He'd DJ for dances and the like and I'd help him set up. They were HEAVY let me tell you but oh the sound. My memories of his Altecs are what motivated me to buy my La Scalas when they became available locally.

Anyway I am grateful for your willingness to help me. If there is anything I can do for you on the Gulf Coast don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks again,

Tony B.

Tony-

Not a problem. Happy to be available for checking things up here in New England. Besides, it would have been cool to pick these up and tell my wife that I'm not keeping them. She is nervous whenever she sees me looking at speakers. Wonder why???