Cornwall Grills

sgarrott

I have a mint set of 1975 Cornwalls C-WO that I purchased new from a dealer in Little Rock, AR. They originally came with a brown/black tweed grill with the Klipsch V emblem located in the corners. The dealer I purchased them from was a friend of mine and several years later he talked me into an optional set of grills that were bascially black with the Klipsch bar in the center. Due to the decor of my home, I have been using the black grills (although both sets look great)for the past several years. The set not being used is kept wrapped in a protective cover in a controlled (room temperature) environment.

My question is this: I am considering putting one or the other (probably the brown tweed) grill sets up for sale either on e-bay or some other forum. Can anyone suggest a price? Trust me--they are in new condition as I have no pets and when my children were young, the speakers were inside cabinets made especially for them with doors to protect them when not in use.

I have gotten great advice from others in the forum before and would welcome any now regarding their value.

Since Cornwall grills are no longer available from Klipsch they would obviously be highly desireable. Please offer them to the folks here on the Klipsch forum first I am sure there are Cornwall owners here that may need a set of grills. I think a fair price would be $100-$150 for a pair in mint condition, but what do I know. I do not know what they originally cost from Klipsch parts, do you recall what you paid for the black ones?

It has been so long ago, I can't remember what I paid for them. I think the high side of your range would be the minimum I would accept (if that) as they are in mint condition. I don't really need the funds and if no one bites, then I will simply keep them. With my luck, the next day after I ship them, someone will slip and fall through the grills that are installed. Do you happen to know when Klipsch changed the logo on the grills from the V to the bar?

Speakers:

Cornwall C-WO--mains

SVS-25-31 plus--subwoofer

Klipsch RC3 II-center channel

Klipsch RB3-rears

(strange combination but it works for me)

Oooh, boy, at that price, I think you'll probably be keeping them. Unless, of course, you find someone despirate for a pair. Just my humble opinion. Another idea would be to trade for something you might be desiring. The good thing about keeping them is, storing flat items is relatively easy.

fini

Thanks for the info. My Cornwalls were 1975 vintage according to one gentlemen on the forum who was VERY knowledgeable about Klipsch having worked for them for many years. The emblems on newer grills are located in the center/top and simply say KLIPSCH in a copper color with alternating shades. Therefore they were probably made in those in between years. The other posts denote that I am probably to high for them so I will probably just keep them as I don't want to rip anyone on the forum off. I really respect the opinions submitted on the forum and have really benefited on several occassions from advice rendered by others. I did use the forum to sell my (almost) new KSW sub when I got my SVS. I made the buyer a good deal and he said it was a better deal than he could find on eBay for one in that condition.