----------------

On 8/15/2003 6:05:22 PM bruinsrme wrote:

TV,

The suspence is killing me!!!!!!!!!

How the web page is updated.....

Scott

----------------

Here is a post from hometheatre forum about the new product

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146561&pagenumber=7

All,

While this probably should just be included in an SVS News posting (and will be probably tomorrow) I can say this about the surprise SVS who's release was largely influenced by this thread. Despite the fact we ALREADY have two other announced subs (the PB1-Plus and PB2-Ultra) that'll join our higher end wood finished offerings (like the SS and B4-Plus) SVS marketing and R/D had long had on the back burner a skunk works effort to bring to market a sub-$1,000 sub that REALLY pushed the envelope of music bass at that price point, giving up nothing to movie performance.

So we simmed, crunched the numbers and looked hard at the good, bad and middling competition in the $900 price realm. The fact it was tested like an Olympic athlete goes without saying I guess?

Meanwhile we realized with rapidly increasing PB2-Plus enclosure production, and a plethora of killer components flowing in we could simply ensure that there would be nothing that could compete with the music/movie performance of THIS sub:

The PB2-ISD.

One color. Black. One purpose. To annihilate with simultaneously powerful capability and subtle, naturally balanced sonics any pretenders, predecessors, or pretty wannabes on any program material in any room, anywhere near in price.

It'll be essentially the same enclosure as the PB2-Plus, but sport three of the patented 3" ports we use (think PC-Plus) with a 600 watt rated version of the amp used in the PB2-Plus (rated at 900 watts in that application).

Oh, and couple twin latest generation ISD woofers instead of the Plus drivers.

That's it.

More? Multiple tuning points of course at 25Hz, 20Hz and 16Hz. Tuning plugs included, and simply built to be the best thing we can do for deadly accurate music AND movies (it's all in the tuning, not that we given second seat to music on ANY models). Bass guitar will BE bass guitar when played within the considerable limits of this sub. Full stop.

Yes, and do it at $899 and with $50 flat rate shipping for a limited time (that being as long as we can hold out against pressures to raise prices).

No fancy equalization schemes or fancy finishes (never mind the textured cured black polymer we use is pretty darn sexy, if understated), no intrusive servo feedback... and still built by us in the USA, still supported by the same crew. Tons of power, two of the best woofers we know of, and the power, enclosure and "breathing" needed to hit every goal and then go further.

Only one totally maniacal purpose from SVS on this one. To make any other choice below $1,000 from any OEM to be a compromise no matter if you are playing Bach, Beasties, Beatles or Oingo Boingo. And never EVER want for more on movies (unless you have a very large room and are out for "just more of the same" at which point you will still want to pony up the $$ for the PB2-Plus).

Speaking of which, the PB2-Plus will naturally be a step up in terms of output and sheer impact on the largest rooms, just like it is when you jump to the PC-Plus model line from the PCi model line, and the PB2-Ultra will provide even MORE in that regard and finish astetics but we took the gloves off on this one. With even more power flowing to even better woofers, and even more vent space you would expect the $300 premium of the PB2-Plus to be worth every penny for those who demand it, or just want the best at THAT price point.

Tom will field inevitable questions on how this sub compares to still other SVS's. That it'll be a bit more expensive, much heavier, and take up more floor space than a PC-Plus is a given. It'll perform a bit better too, but not hugely. Enough to make the cost, weight and size worthwhile for those that can accommodate it is all.

I'd say any other choice at $899 (starting from this Saturday when we should have the pre-order page up) would be foolish. But that'd be a bit harsh? (Ed. yes it would, but hey, you are the head of SVS marketing we expect it). Shipping expected around 15 September, based on our readiness to support what we think will be high demand. The fact we underestimated PB2-Plus demand is fresh in our minds of course and this new sub will NOT affect availability of that sub (which after all uses parts not common to this new sub).

We hope to have a few out to some lucky Beta testers soon. They already know who they are, mostly.

Just figured you all might want some clarification on the above leak. The fact I'm working on the web pages to support the PB2-ISD made it a natural to let a bit out here.

Ron

I've got to admit that the guys behind SVS stand behind their products and clients... I mean, how many other companies will keep in touch with their clients by reading and replying to their posts? They may get the occasional backlash for promoting their products (mostly on HTF) but I think they know more about their clients than most manufacturers with a large marketing staff... and cater one of the most difficult audio segments... the "online audiophile on a budget".

Bo$e on the other hand cater one of the easiest segments... "dumb yuppies with money to burn" 9.gif

Later...

Rob

PS: Off topic, but i also feel Klispch are better than most... as they provide this space and friendly & frequent posts from staff and tech support