Do grills affect sound at all

pHEnomIC69

heh, If you have kids.. keep them ON! Those little hands could puncture the paper covers or they could poke it with a pen or something deadlier. Personally, I cannot notice a difference with them on or off. So I prefer to leave it on just in case some kids some into my room.

I remember my Z-540's, which had a HORRIBLE grill design. OK, the inside was this plastic frame, which already was constricting a lot where the sound could escape. Second, the screens were NOT sonically permeable and sounded horrible, easily making the satts sound muddy, audibly so. My ear was not half as expirienced as it is now, and I could detect it then!!

I've heard the DESIGN on the 560's is the primary problem. The grills sit too far away from the drivers and cause problems. I forget what the problem is, but it ends up affecting the sound. Personally, I think the grills on the 560's and the 680's are useless and won't prevent dust from getting in, fingers getting underneath, etc. Might as well rip em off and throw em out.

----------------

On 8/21/2003 8:34:18 PM cemepee wrote:

...hey its like saying would u run a car with no gas in it?

----------------

no... that analogy doesn't make sense... it's not like someone's trying to use their speakers without a source or electricity. and the grills do affect the sound, it is there for potection at minimum sacrifice to the sound. some more than others but with the promedia's, you can easily tell the difference by moving the grills over the satellites every few seconds.