Mallet kicks Spankers butt!!

eq_shadimar

Well, I e-mailed John. I haven't heard back, though. Should I expect availability soon, or is this more of a campaign to put pressure on them to get your recordings distributed? Do you have plans to catch up with them again?

fini

TBHWY, I am not sure I have enought flawless material for a full hour. There is a slight, constant buzz in the left rear that I would note on the cover as part of the ambience, therefore a fact of "live" recording. I don't hear it unless I stand right next to the left rear speaker, but audio freaks can be persnickety. There are also occasional drops of a few milliseconds. Those are intolerable to ME, and I'd not release a song with one. So, I'd need to sit down and intensely listen to all 2.5 hours of material and see if there is at least an hour unaffected. I suspect there is enough.

However, I really need to get Riedie (at least) here to listen in a controlled environment. I know they will be here the first week of October, so that is probably the earliest opportunity. If there is an issue, it would be that I'm really not too sure whether he is peeved at me for not undertaking the Portland gig. I am sure those here understand my reasoning and just HOW BLOODY MUCH I WANTED TO DO IT. However, if a career is to be terminated, I prefer to do it myself than by risking others.

So, to answer your question, I don't know. I'd really love to record more of them and/or release some of this. I'd also love to do a DVD-Video of them using my friend Ron (lonelobo here on occasion). He is as good as they get, with 25 years of experience shooting for every network you've ever heard of incuding the BBC. Wish we'd met up with them before they finalized the Portland gig.

Anyway, that is about the story. I've no idea whether emails from here will help or make he mad. He's a really good guy, but he is young, has a lot of responsibility, and is making it up as he goes along.

Dave