Lookin for a good SS amp?

AndyKubicki

When I visited Julius, the man who has been making these amps, for a problem I thought I had with the preamp I have, he showed me his workshop. Put my preamp on the scope and it was perfectly quiet. The noise came from some cheap interconnects I've been using. We talked a bit and he played this setup he had with one of his better amps and a set of some ribbon speaker. This was a long time ago, but I was impressed enough to want to get one of these to match my preamp and KHorns, maybe sell the Adcom to fund it. Yeah, I knew I should not mention it to tube fanatics (remember-I am one too!2.gif), but this is 2 channel and his equipment, though it would probably make awsome HT, I believe belongs in the 2 channel realm mostly. Might be too good for those guys! (Kidding, I'll post there too, thanks!9.gif

You want a good solid state amp

Here are a few worthy brands...

Bryston(3B and up)

SimAudio(Celeste and MOON line)

Parasound(smooth)

Sunfire(high power,very smooth)

The most musical would be the low power dual channel PassAleph cubes,30 of the best solid state watts under the sun and a real ear revelation.

My faves with Klipsch speakers

I use ATI's 2505 and 1505 with Klipsch,both used for HT.