Silverthreading?

hypo

That is TOTAL bull$hit!!! I suggest you play along, but tell them you are going to wait and have the "upgrade" done at a later date -- even if it will cost you more to do it later. Then just never go back and have it done.

Allright - So now Ive bought the speakers!

They havent been delivered yet but I believe I managed to get a decent price on the package.

The salesman didnt mention the rethreading at all now and I payed around $2000 for RF-35, RC-35 and RS-25. I dont know whether this is a good price compared to you in the states.

How much should I expect to spend for speakercables?

Ive ordered the Pioneer VSX-2011 with THX to use with the klipschers. Any thoughts around this?

/Daniel

I will pass on some good advice I got years ago concerning cables. Whether or not you feel high end cables make a difference or not... it is always a good idea to start modest.

Given the fact that everything else is new... it'll give you some time to get used to it's sound and it won't break the bankbook. Once you've become familiar with you system, room and speaker placement... you can borrow some other wires from an audio shop to try at home and see if you can hear a difference.

For starters, I'd go with regular ±12guage hardware store zip cord. Other alternatives would be 14g at the smallest or 10guage at the biggest.

I'm sure you'll get opinions from both sides... but there is always time later for that... 2.gif

Rob

This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard from some relenltess salesman looking to take advantage of you. I guarantee you would be extremely hard pressed to notice a difference, even if side by side. Additionally, who's to say you would enjoy the sound more. Sound is very subjective and preferences change from person to person.

Don't buy into this Bull$hit!! The salesman figures, if you're already paying thousands for top of the line stuff, an extra $350 is nothing to pass up. Klipsch uses top of the line stuff, and you will not be disappointed in their wiring or their overall sound capabilities. I have RF3 II's, and I still can't believe how loud these speakers play without distorting. My ears have never been able to put up with enough of their punishment to hear them distort. You'll be pleased no matter what, so skip the wiring and if you want to do it later, you always can.