RW10 finally here

TheEAR

Well the RW line is starting to show,today the RW10 arrived at Radio ST-Hubert.I asked WHAT IS THIS RW10 DOING HERE.Then unpacked the sub in a snap,first impressions are its a good looking very compact sub.Its on the very compact side

What I like about the new RW line is...

Side subwoofer gain knob,like the RSW series.The finish quality of the cabinet is better then the KSW series,the woofer looks like it can move more air then its KSW counterpart.Amplifier side is also beefed up.The front port is very long and tuned lower then the KSW model it replaces.

Now the BAD,the sub is light like a feather,the cabinet is not braced or rigid like the RSW series.The plastic moldings around the port look and feel cheapo.And the unit I unpacked has a problem with the side volume knob(not installed right,uneven fit!).

This weekend its testing time,and the RW will be compared to the Carver KS,PolkAudio PSW404,Velodyne SPL1000 and the RSW10.Just top name a few,I will not start comparing this featherweight against heavyweight bruisers like the RSW15,Revel B15,my large Velo or the Aerial it would be the most unfair comparo ever.

Yes I am buying the RW12 if its up to the task.The RW8 and RW10 are too low end for my taste.

I will test the RW10 only.Picking up the PolkAudio PSW505 today too!The PSW505 uses a BASH amp like SVS uses(in a 300W RMS version)no more HOT class A/B amp with large(for a budget sub) heatsinks like the PSW404.1.gif

I am also picking up the RSW12 next week,to complete my Klipsch RSW collection. 9.gif

Will post pics and plenty more this weekend(most probably Sunday)

So stay tuned,its this SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY 3.gif

Ear, I have had a chance to test both the RW-10 and RW-12. I

originally bought the 10" because the RW-12 were not available

at the time. After the 12" came out I returned the the 10" for the

12".

First let me say I was upgrading from an SW-8II that was not

intended for DD/DTS HT use. While the RW-10 sounded ok it felt

as if not producing the volume of bass I was expecting. I

agree with you, I was suprised on the size and weight of the RW-10.

It was lighter and smaller the the SW model it replaced.

After returning and picking up the 12" the two cannot be farther

apart. The Size is larger and heavier. The bass produced is noticable deeper. Where it seemed the 10" was reaching it's limit the 12" is

just geting started. I said this before in other threads but for anyone

considering the RW line try the 12" you won't be dissapointed.

• 2 months later...

Ear, you are sounding like one of those "The Fabulous Life of" shows on tv. "Britney spears could fill her swimming pool 10 times with Crystal Champagn and still have enough to buy the country of Nepal".

I dont think I am the only one on this forum that shops on ebay. Although, I sure wouldnt mind seeing those pics of the RSW 12 in your hizzouse. Do you have airplanes crashing into your house from the magnetic field of your subwoofer collection? haha, I hope that doesnt happen.

Thanks for the reviews.