Guitar dude...

m00n

Cool, I've always been a fan of speed guitar, but some of those licks I recognise...There are always the fast and the furious but they never seem to stack up in my mind to my favorites...Jeff Beck, Joe Satriani and Eric Johnson.

Where the hell did this guy get the Elvyra wig anyway...

If you get weird script just open Windows Media Player, pull down the file menu I think, then just choose the option to open a url. Paste the url in the dialog box.

All of us old-school metal guys of course know of Michael Angelo. This is a 13 year old video first off so that's why you heard those licks before. His band Nitro was famous not only for his 2 and 4! neck guitar shredding but also for the singer Jim Gillette's 6 octave vocal range. His shtick was shattering champagne glasses at shows. Michael would have this crazy guitar with 2 necks on each side and play both right and left handed and sometimes both at the same time by only using one hand on each neck. I had a guitar instruction tape of his in like 1988 and he was using maybe 4 Marshall stacks with double heads in this cubicle about 4' x 8'. He would say things like "I can only use Jim Dunlop Jazz III picks because all the others I've tried literally melt around my thumb"! He also used guitars with 36 frets and an extra high B string. He plays a bit of one of Paganini's 24 Caprices for solo violin in this routine here. He swears he's never worn a wig or had extensions. I love to make fun of this stuff. Anyone who likes to make fun of bad 80's metal should check out the world famous metal-sludge.com website. They do it to these people's faces. Check out their 20 questions with Michael Angelo and other losers.