Welborne room at MWAF

Mike82

There's been some discussion of Ron's room at MWAF and how bad it sounded. Here's a photo. There was a break in the sprinkler system and minof flood a couple days before the show. The hotel tried to fix it. You can see the new sheet rock and tape job. It hadn't even been painted.

Photo credited to TAFKA Steve

post-9771-13819248942876_thumb.jpg

Mike,

Boy this really bugs you ! You brought it up not me Mike !! All I ask was what amps were in the room. You commented they sounded bad I agreed end of story. I think I made some great points in that thread and finally Dean got the point ! I never said that the Welbourne stuff could not sound good in anyway.

The room had new drywall without paint and the drapes were missing nothing more nothing less.

Craig

Here is the room. Usually ole Ron goes the full 9 yards and more with attention to aesthetics as well as the setup details. It looks to me like he was awfully DEPRESSED that day!

On another note, I see that he is using vinyl, another setup nightmare if unlucky. For some odd reason, that damn room LOOKS like it sounds bad! Bad Karma in there!

http://www.progressive-engineering.com/klipsch/welborne_room.jpg

"Golden Ratio" setup being employed. About the stupidist thing you can do with horns. I tried several times when I had my system in the living room -- it doesn't work.

The room is your basic rectangle, and the horns need to pushed back and toed until the response smooths out. Shame on Ron for half-assing the setup. I love the chairs with the pillows -- very nice touch. I think he would have been better off if he had used the long wall and set the system up for nearfield listening.

If I'm a professional in the business, I don't go anywhere with any of my equipment without aooustic treatment. Acoustic panels are so ridiculously easy to make, and framed, can be picked up, moved, and set back against any part of any wall.

I'm Sorry, but my system, set up in a room like that -- would have no trouble sounding very good.