Reference 7 series, what sub should I get?

Thors1982

I just recieved my svs pb2-plus yesterday to go with my klipsch system and denon 3802 reciever. I've heard the rsw-12(not yet the 15) and there is no contest. This sub has me questioning the structural integrity of the theatre room located above the garage, it pounds so hard and totally presurrizes the room. You can find info about it at svs' website.

price is $12009.gif

Being a patient and current SVS owner. Well the drugs make me patient. SVS is going to introduce a couple of new subs to their line.

PCUltra (cylinder) which uses their top of the line driver and I believe a 600watt amp built in.

also the one I am waiting for PB2 Ultra. Same as the PB2+ but it will house 2 of TV12 ultra drivers and also sporting a 900 watt built in amp. The PB2 Ultra will estimated to be around $2000 plus shippingwhich should be around $100 during the introduction and $150 after that.

Don't sell the PB2isd short. For the $950 including shipping this is going to give a number of subs a run for the money.

My 2 pc+2039 have shaken pictures off the walls in the basement and the floor above.

The RSW 12 that I heard sounded sweet and pack a good deal of punch.

there you go i hope I made your decision easier.

LOL, m00n :-)

I kinda should have known. I don't know much about home theater or anything really but it sounds either way I pick from those two I won't be in any trouble. Hell it took me a week to realize I wasn't getting DTS cause I didn't have an optical cable.

From the sounds of it though I can get a very good one in my price range which makes me even happier. Like I said I really probably wont get one till may/june of next year. Knows everyone is cringing when thinking of home theater without a sub :-( My home theater still sounds better than the 4 closest movie theaters here so I can't really complain, and there is always room for improvment.

Then i guess I just have to figure out what to get next an amp maybe...

----------------

On 9/3/2003 8:16:31 PM Thors1982 wrote:

LOL, m00n :-)

Hell it took me a week to realize I wasn't getting DTS cause I didn't have an optical cable.

----------------

Eh? Unless I am way off base, that is not true. I am running a coax cable and get DTS and DTS-ES both.

----------------

On 9/3/2003 3:16:34 PM Grand11 wrote:

----------------

On 9/3/2003 2:35:02 PM garymd wrote:

I've never heard an SVS but from what everyone says, it's the best bang for the buck. I can tell you that my RSW-12 is awesome. They can be had for under $1k now. I don't know how it compares to the $1100 SVS but it's plenty for my 13x24 room for movies and adds a nice flavor to my 2-channel tube set-up. It also doesn't take up the room the SVS does. Actually it's behind a chair and you wouldn't know it was there unless I pointed it out.

Go listen to one.

----------------

That's odd. For me I settled on an SVS because it took less room as far as floorspace (16" diameter). Goes to show one size doesn't fit all
;)

----------------

I know but you can't hide an SVS behind anything but maybe the Eiffel Tower.