What do you want your system to do best?

AndyKubicki

----------------

On 9/6/2003 5:56:04 AM whell wrote:

List of priorities, probably in order:

- Catch and hold my < 2 year old daughter's attention when she is fussy. For reason's we can't explain but are eternally thankful for, Nora Jones can transform my little girl from fussy one minute to captivated and quiet the next. Has worked like a charm since she was 6 month old. Also, when I put a record on downstairs, she will sometimes sit quietly at the top of the stairs and just listen. Sometimes she will pull herself up on the protective gate and sway to the music. Chip off the old block, that little princess!

----------------

Careful. That's how I got started on this quest for sound too. My mom says I could sit and listen to the old radio for long periods of time without moving. Made a great babysitter.

My wife still blames my mom for my quest for sonic nirvana....lol

My 5 year old daughter loves an old Sesame Street LP, and dances all over the room to Jan & Dean. She also makes request for Jazz. No matter what she is doing, she heads for the listening room when I crank the music.

Children are the best distortion detectors on the planet. If your cats, dogs, and children move AWAY from your system when you crank it, you've got problems...both with your system and your ears.

Dave

"Careful. That's how I got started on this quest for sound too. My mom says I could sit and listen to the old radio for long periods of time without moving. Made a great babysitter.

My wife still blames my mom for my quest for sonic nirvana....lol"

If she's really, really a good little girl, I just might give her my KG-4's as "hand me downs".

"Children are the best distortion detectors on the planet..."

Out of all the wonderful things said in this thread, this comment could be the exclamation point. It is so true. and completely beyond refutation.

As for me, it's simply about balance. I want a good mix of those characteristics in my system, and somewhat feel that that a lop-sided system, or system overloaded or tipped towards any one thing -- tends to be more of a distraction for me. I also agree with Dave and think the object is to get the speakers to pull the vanishing act. For that to happen, for me at least, there needs to be a real sense of balance.

Of course, the key indgredient is "air". 9.gif