Acadamy Alert

M6 Driver

Since I see a few posts about the Acadamy center, one is to be had on Ebay! it's item #1240338060 good luck!

------------------

Thanks J

KLF 30 Mains

C7 Center

8.5 rears

Yamaha RX-V995

Toshiba SD-1600 DVD

Pioneer CLD-S201 LD

Pioneer PD-M53 CD

Sony 32 inch TV

no subs till house built

Hmmm, interesting, thanks for the heads up. I currently have my Chorus II's mated with a KLF-C7, but have always heard good things about the Academy. Can anyone offer an opinion as to which is the better sounding match??

Thanks!

Colin

Hi Colin, I am using an Academy with ChorusII's. It matches up very well and handles everything thrown at it with ease. Front panning is seamless. I LIKE IT ALOT. I haven't had a chance to listen to a klf-c7 yet. Have heard GOOD things about IT too though........... Smile.gif

Mike

This message has been edited by Mikekid on 05-23-2001 at 10:45 AM

Hello,

I am running a KLF-C7 with my Chorus I's, and the match is very good. I have not heard the Academy, but it was supposed to be the match for the Chorus II, Forte II, etc.....

I am sure the Academy would do the job nicely. I would be after it, but I'd want one in oak to match my Chorus I's. I don't think you can go wrong either way. They are similar in size, with the KLF being wider, but the Academy being a bit deeper (check specs on web page for exact measurements. Both have 2 8" speakers and a horn, although the KLF has a tractix type horn and the Academy has the older style (exponential?) horn.

The deciding factor may be what price it goes for. KLF-C7's are going about 250 + shipping on Ubid (thats where I got mine). If you already have the C7......well I guess that depends on how far gone you are Smile.gif

My $.02

Speed

Mikekid,

Speedbump,

Much appreciate the info. Sounds like the two are very similar. I'm very pleased with the KLF-C7 and Chorus II combo, but like all us obsessed Klipsch fans, I'm always tweaking and tinkering. Probably will stick with what I have and save my money for the new RS-7's (my KSS-2 surrounds just don't the rest of my set-up justice). Plus it will save me explaining to the wife why I need to make yet another home theater purchase...LOL

Again, thanks for the opinions and good info!

Colin