klipschorn sound trouble

gisteph

i got a bryston 4 bst and a bp25,i connect my klipschorn,i can t feel the vibration .no bass so my sound is very poor. i don t understand the reason of my probleme because i already change my 15 inch klipschorn speaker,i buy it from the original klipsch compagny, somebody told me that i should got whit my stuff a marvelous sound ,but is not the case .so i need to know what to do whit all this ..............please help me !!!!!!!!

You need to make sure the Klipschorn is firmly against the walls of the corners, too. I don't understand:

"i don t understand the reason of my probleme because i already change my 15 inch klipschorn speaker,i buy it from the original klipsch compagny".

Your K-horns should have Klipsch K-33 woofers inside. The latest and best is the K-33-E. If you have anything else, it is not the right woofer.

Are the woofer chambers well sealed?

Are your crossover networks unmodified? If they are modified, was it done correctly? a mismatch between the woofer and squawker (midrange) will sound like there is no bass.

Klipschorns do not have the bloated bass popular in many speakers sold today. Are they new to you? If they are, listen to well recorded acoustic music and see if they do not sound totally real.

gisteph,

Like John said make sure your speakers are coupled to the corner. An uncoupled corner is like air in your brake line. The pedal is spongy and doesn't do much. Search this site for several ideas on coupling.

Another thing to try is reversing the wires on one horn. If they were out of phase the bass should improve.

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Before you spent a lot of possibly wasted effort chasing down many things that may or may not be a problem, it would help us if you could be a little more specific.

Which is closest to the truth?

1) There is no sound at all coming out of the lower portion of the speaker (the "bass bin"). Sound comes out of the midrange and tweeters, but no sound from the bass section.

2) There is sound coming from the bass section, but it is either at such a low level relative to the midrange and treble that there is obviously something very wrong, or it is so distorted that there is something obviously wrong.

3) There is bass coming from the speakers, but it is nowhere near what you were expecting. The bass section puts out quite a bit of sound in the midrange, but as you begin moving into the lower frequencies the sound drops off rapidly, and when you get to really low bass you cannot hear anything.

4) You had some other speakers that you were using that had a very strong bass output, switched to the Klipschorns, and are not hearing what you expected to hear.

5) None of the above, this is what I meant...

That would really help us help you figure out what to do.

Ray