SUB HELP

chaosprince

I'm looking to get another Sub, for a 2nd audio room. I am currently using a Paradigm pw-2200. My local dealer sells mostly paradigm and some klipsch so I dont have any means to test diff subs. Anyone know how the RSW-12 or 15 sound compared to the pw-2200, or are there any other nice subs out there that compare to the pw-2200. I use my sub for music and movies. Any info would be helpful....thx2.gif

I don't know if the RSW-12 would beat the PW2200 especially the new version 2 which uses the same amp as the Servo15. I'm sure the RSW-15 would kick it's *** but I'd like to know how the new PW2200 v2 would compare against the RSW-12. Paradigm hasn't even updated it's web site so I guess there aren't too many new PW2200's floating around yet.

TheEar would be the right guy to ask, he has a RSW12 and RSW15, I think he also has(had?) a PW2200. It's quite a safe bet to say the RSW15 would be the superior woof though.

Tom Nousaine has tested both the RSW15 and PW2200, here's how they did in his testing:

All figures are for as corner loaded subwoofer,measured at a 2 meter distance using a 10% thd limit in a large 7500 cu-ft room. The SPL numbers have been averaged from the maximum output(with the thd limit) using 25,31,40,50,63hz steps in testing.

Klipsch RSW-15 112dB / 20hz~97dB__112dB~32hz

Paradigm PW2200 - 107.4dB / 20hz~91dB(106.25)

Nousaine rated the low end extension limit of the RSW15 at 41Hz and the PW2200's at 28hz.