Cornwall Driver Wire - Suggestions Please

No Disc

Among other things I want to replace the driver wire in my Cornwalls. Wife is out of town, so I got plenty of time on my hands.

This topic has been discussed before, but as I searched the forum archives I found lots of dead links (links to the old bbs). Could not find any conclusive suggestions.

What is the current thoughts on this? I would not mind getting a few different wires to try out.

Thanks.

Tim

P.S. Dean I already have yours on my list.

Anything is better than what you currently have. I used the same wire I have running between my amp and the Cornwalls, 12 awg vandenhul speaker wire. I believe the heavier gauge wire should carry the signal more efficiently than the narrower monster wire from the original Cornwalls.

It made a subtle difference, not nearly as much as changing the inductors or capacitors. My opinion based on what I can hear with my ears.

I gotta be honest, I don't know how much difference it makes for those short runs from the x-over to the drivers. The longest run is only 15". I basically went with the Northcreek wire because I knew it wouldn't oxidize over time. Even Radio Shack 12 AWG stranded would be an improvement over the gangrene copper that's in there now. Another nice option would be the Cardas Litz wire from www.percyaudio.com

I really don't think there is any reason to go overboard here.