Klipsch needs better control in Australia

Can you all believe this !?? I just called the place that will be getting the 4.1 speakers today and was told that the price on the speakers has gone up.. not by $50.. but by $110 !!.. Making it a total of $910 !! Not to mention that Australia vs US currency is stronger NOW.. not to mention the speakers are hardware and by norm, decrease in value.. especially since the 5.1 has been announced. !!

THEIR reasons, Klipsch has themself put up the price on the set, I have not verified this but reading the forum, there's mention that the price has actually been decreased!! - and to make things more unbelieveable, Singapore is selling the set for $650 - SAME price as what Australia is selling the 2.1 for.!! Incase you are unsure, AUS v Sing currency is almost 1 to 1. So yeah, somewhere down the line, someone is pocketing $250 and blaming it on Klipsch. I am NOT paying $910 for computer speakers and I am unsure if anyone would, that's almost 1k !! Which is 50% of the cost of my WHOLE PC.!!!

This is totally disgusting and unacceptable, just goes to show that the dealers in Australia and the sellers are a bunch of GREEDY @#$%^&! who jacks the prices up when a good products come into the shore and who themself don't even have the decent to keep up to date with supplying us with decent hardware in general.!!

Having waited for a year for Klipsch to come into shore and have this crap pulled - I for one am looking hard at Altec Lansing now cause the price for Klipsch is way tooo out of range for me. Klipsch should control the price so that everyone who loves Klipsch should be able to afford it at a VERY reasonable and still profitable price.

DoomsDay

• Moderators

This is our Australian dealer:

Network Entertainment Technology

20 Rosemary Court

Mulgrave VIC, Australia 3170

Tel. 613 9561 0746

Paul Rawlins

They are in the midst of changing servers, so I do not have an updated email for them yet.

Thanks,

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

Sorry I have not replied, I have not been frequenting this forum but been checking out the 'Customer Service' instead - the two dealers that I dealt with were -

Network Entertainment ( as provided by Amy)

and Intersound international Ltd. (613-836-0522).

Both of them priced the 4.1 at $1000 - when asked why Singapore could do it for $680 - their reasons were, Cause we have to change the voltage and *blah blah blah*. Considering Singapore has the same voltage as Australia (240v) - I would say Singapore had to change the voltage on their 4.1 also and yet were able to price it at a VERY reasonable price.

Sadly, this is another case of a brilliant product killed by greedy dealers.

DoomsDay

klipsch will not ship their products outside of US.

hmm. i got mine nearly to RM2000 whichis nearly sing dollars 800-900..

but that price is including tax, shipping and all the expenses.. involved.. so not really that bad.

I am not offering but couldn't you have someone in the US buy the speakers and ship them to you, yeah I know you need a power converter but those are cheap. At least they are here. I don't see why that wouldn't work, although it's probably illegal because of trade laws but so. I am sure you have some people over here that you can trust. Anyway you could probably come over on airlines and buy and ship the speakers back for less then 1k but then I am not sure what the US to AUS conversion is. I don't thinks its that bad though. That's pretty much all the advice I have for you.

Oh, one more thing if you are going to get altec's get the 800 series. Very good sound. Not on par with Klipsch, but not much is, then again you can get ACS885's 5.1 with remote for less then 300 US.

Good luck man.

HEY KLIPSCH PEOPLE. What is up with that. Why is it so expensive over there. Are you getting F'ed by your dealer or is it a tarif thing.

------------------

Real life is just another window on my desktop!

-The Shadow

Hiya,

I have pretty much given up on Klipsch Speakers and gone out to get me Altec Lansing ADA890 for $565. VERY good price considering the cheapest that you can get them for in the States is U$280 (AU$560).

ADA came with Remote and from what I have read, the make on them are better, more solid casting and better headphone sockets, but with REMOTE. Woo Hoo!

I do know people from the States but I was not prepare to fork out an insane amount of money on a unit that I will not be getting warranty on.

Ooo yeah, latest price on 4.1 in Perth, $920. *HA!*

I got myself the ADA890 and Santa Cruz for $765. a MUCH better purchase in my book. =o)

Anyway, for all your Perth Klipsch fan, I will seriously consider ADA890 - just cause of the price. I ain't knocking Klipsch but at 1k, WAY OVER priced.

-DoomsDay

I am a Sydney-sider also looking for Klipsch speakers. I've tried everywhere around here and I can't find one person who can get them! Moreover, one dealer said that he could get them in for $2000+.

I would like these speakers so much but can't justify the cost.

Doomsday:

What is the total output of your Altec Lansing's . I'm gonna get me some if they are good Wink.gif

Are there any other Australian Promedia distributors? Are there any negotiations with potential dealers?

I ask because a company here in Australia claims that Innovision Technology Australia are also about to start importing the Promedias.

Innovision Technology is a real company (they distribute Altec Lansing) but the guy I spoke to there said that he nothing about the Klipsch.

The bizzare thing is the guys who are selling the Promedias (including the 5.1s) are selling it at VERY low prices (cheaper than in the US).

So is this for real?

The videologic sirocco crossfires are quite nice. There a UK company and I ended up paying $600 US for them. Check em out at http://www.videologic.com/Products/VL-60386/ProductIntro.asp?Product=VL-60386 I would have gotten the klipsch 4.1 if these didn't sound better. I'm hoping I'll get a chance to test the 5.1's out and if they sound better I'll sell my crossfires and get these. I could have both at the same time but can't see much point in that.