I couldn't resist

3dzapper

Although I already have a 299c I just could not pass this one up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3046500612&category=39783&rd=1

There was a $199.95 buy it now. My wife is going to take my computer away! She keeps threatening. I will have a 299c for sale soon. I'll offer it here first send it to NOS Valves and you will be set for life(or that is what you can tell the mrs.) I juiced!

Rick

Hi, I don't think that is a 299-C, maybe you could check wih NOSValves but the tube layout and composition do not correspond with a 299-C. THe 299-C used either a 6Ub or a 7199 split load phase inverter.... I don't see these listed on the tube complement.

Greg, Did that one hit the reserve? It was nice but I cringe at foreign transactions.

bkrop, I noticed the tube list and attributed it to a typo. The layout is the same as my other 299c and they are 1602 no's apart. Just the case and vintage tubes were worth the price I think.

Rick

you have a 299C with the tubes lined up along the back like that ?? This is strange ! Maybe Ryan will know what the deal is. I have done many 299C and LK72's and they all have the tubes lined up in front of the transformers . The only amps I have seen with that layout are the 299D, LK72B, 233 , 222D and LK48B. The versions from Scott never end evidently !

Craig

Craig,

According to the HH Scott web, some 299c's use 233 circuitry with a couple of bells and whistles added. I think that these were the late production models. They use the 6U8 splitters instead of 7199s and have smaller output transformers than the earlier ones. They sound great though. I can only imagine what one might sound like with your mods.

Rick

Hey, I didn't even notice that the reserve was not met on that one. I did a search and found that this is the second time in two weeks that it was listed and the reserve was not met. I wonder what Craig would have to say about the parts used in the "restoration" and the value of this piece.

Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3044736814&category=3284

Greg