OT: Home Theater - New purchase- Projector

mkl

Ahhh, finally a screen size I can live with:)

Just watched clips of some of my DVDS on my new projector. Amazing!

I ended up getting a Infocus x1, best bang for the buck in my eyes. With 3 Heresys across the front and my SVS, its getting close to theater perfect:) I only have the screen up to 62" diagonal, but hopefully tomorrow I'll get it adjusted to a more decent larger size :)

Any other klipschsters using the X1?

-MKL

• Like 1

I have the Sanyo PLV-Z1. What 62" ain't enough??? I have mine setup for 72" and I sit around 2x screen width away. With my setup, the Z1 just doesn't have enough resolution to go much bigger for my seating distance. I just didn't have the $$ to get avman's Sony. I recomend trying to use yor PC to drive the X1, I have found that the HTPC give a much nicer (more detailed) picture then my Denon DVD-1000 dvd player.

Just don't let your smile become wider then the screen, it just might freeze that way. 9.gif9.gif9.gif

Enjoy!

-Dave

I've been watching my neighbors NEC HT1000...much better than I expected and now I want one! 100" wide, DVI Bravo DVD player, dark room, now that's home theater.

I haven't compared other brands so I'm really just sharing my excitement over projectors vs smaller RPTV.

In my mind here are the key cons you have to be willing to accept:

* You need to darken the room--picture washes out in room light. They aren't good for watching and working on projects (or one person watching and another working) unless you use spots for specific work centers.

* They aren't good for hours of casual use due to bulb life and cost. An example would be having my RPTV on with cartoons while my kids play and then on longer while they play video games, and then on longer while they use the PC to surf the web, etc.

* cost... the ones I want seem higher than the RPTV's I would want.

Of course there are advantages:

* SIZE: A real HT not a big TV.

* space: 3' of room back when dumping the RPTV

* less impact on music from reflection off screen

* easier to put a center channel on the floor--especially unshielded heritage

* great for HTPC