Best replaicement for Lascala's as right/left channel for home theatre

taran76

Hey all!

i was wondering about the best replaicement speakers for La Scalas acting as a right/left channel solution, (looking for a more space efficient model without sacrificing overall sound quality). i am running the system with a Yamaha Natrual sound receiver toting a Dolby Prologic driver. i have two heresy's acting as center channel and a definitive sub, and an 8 speaker surround unit. (4 on a side).

thanx for your input!

Taran76 1.gif

the reason WHY the LaScala has its overall sound quality is directly proportional TO ITS SIZE to begin with! You are in trouble if you expect to maintain or better the sound quality and end up with a more space-saving cabinet. Space limitations automatically require a compromise in sound quality in some way or another.

I replaced my LaScala mains with Klipschorns and moved the LaScalas to the rear. I too am using Heresy's for a center channel, but no sub.

It may not sound space efficient, but the K-horns fit tighter into the corners so there is less room intrusion. Now the LaScalas in the rear is another story on space inefficency, but they sure sound good.

Tarzan

What are you willing to give up? HDBR is right, you will never get a smaller Klipsch to have the big Klipsch sound of your LAS.

If you want speakers just slightly bigger than your Heresys, you could go with a set of Fortes. They basicaly are Heresys with a lot more bass, probably 60-70 percent of the sound of your LAS. If you get into the Chorus or Cornwall you are almost at the same size as your LAS.

I you are just doing HT, a 5.1 using all Heresys is also a killer HT.

It all depends on what you are willing to give up.

JM