Where to better understand projectors

Bruinsrme

----------------

On 9/17/2003 1:24:10 PM j-malotky wrote:

I am not current on the latest projectors. Probably a good thing since I would probably want one if I did.

JM

----------------

Amen to that. I won't let my my InFocus neighbor show me their newest home theater projector for that VERY reason. I have flat out told him "DO NOT BRING IT OVER PERIOD" 11.gif

I'm watching an NEC HT1000 DLP projector which has ads at Projectorpeople for $3500. I think this has been replaced so the price should be dropping. In this price range it was a very popular model this summer...since this is a very rapidly changing market you need to read avsforum to get the latest but I think the newer models are around $5k making this unit more in your price range.

I have been watching the unit with a DVI Bravo DVD player and now I really struggle to watch action movies like LORD OF THE RINGS on my tiny 55" RPTV.

RPTV does have benefits where projection has cons so I'm still happy.

I would not use ProjectorCentral.com if I were you. They USED to have good reviews...now the reviews seem more like advertisements. I would instead focus research time from AVSForum.com and HomeTheaterForum.com. There is a ton of information in these forums so I highly suggest doing a search before submitting endless new topic posts...