ALK Question- Al, ears on?

sheltie dave

Al, or other knowledgeable folks,

I am interested in picking up Q-man's ALKs. I have a set of 90 Khorns with AK3 xovers and a set of late 70 Belles with AB xovers, I believe. Are the ALKs turnkey on both sets of speakers and what, if any mods would be needed if they are not turnkey?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. I would do some research, but this is a work computer at the uranium mill - and there is only one goes out line for the web.

I can answer that for you, they are not turn-key because the AK-3 crossover is in two parts. The woofer portion is mounted on the inside of the woofer hatch door, the rest sits on a board in the HF section. In order to use the ALK's you will have to cut the ends of the wires off currently feeding the K-55M and K-77M and put spade connectors on them to attach to Al's crossover. In addition the woofer portion of the crossover will need to be bypassed or removed and the lead for the woofer will have to be fed to the LF section. It is not a ton of work but will require some cutting and bypassing. The AK-3 is a good crossover one of the better one Klipsch produced actually, if you buy Qman's ALK's I would be interested in the AK-3's you have if the price is fair. The ALK is designed to be a direct turn key replacement for the "AA" crossover. Hope this satidfactorily answers your question.