quick question.

danechristian

does anyone know when will klipsch release a reference series speakers with a 3 way design?

i know there is nothing wrong with a 2 way design, but i think there is a possibility that a 3 way design will be lovely and will sound very precious.

does anyone know when will klipsch release their new speakers to replace the legendary R series?

well im just curious. anyone with good source and contact with klipsch pls do reply.

post some of your opinion/s about klipsch R series having 3 way design.

TY

----------------

On 9/20/2003 10:47:41 PM danechristian wrote:

but i think there is a possibility that a 3 way design will be lovely and will sound very precious.

----------------

Lovely and Precious? I agree that 3-ways would be nice. I want a pair for a 2-channel setup. However, I am not sure that I would describe them as lovely and precious. 2.gif

lovely as good looking. and precious as great sounding(as you would keep them for a while). thats what i mean.

having some background and lived with a 3 way design speakers, i classify them as more accurate, but it depends to the speakers.

anyway. put some feedback about klipsch R series having 3 way design.

ty m00n for your opinion.

Yeah, I'm like you, I have always been around 3-ways. I was in for quit the shock when I brought home my RF7s. I plugged them in, had not hooked up my sub yet... I was thinking to myself... (remember that old comercial "Wheres the beef"?) Well, I was thinking, "Where's the bass"? I love the sound of the RF7s, but I have said it before I would not be totaly happy with them if I didn't have subs. They seem to be a finicky speaker, you have to place them just right in order to get good low frequencies out of them. That's just the way I see it.

There has been a lot of talk about 3-ways here on the board lately. Also something else that has been said a here as of late... "Build them and they will come"

Again, I say if they would build a good 3-way, I would be first in line. 1.gif

----------------

On 9/21/2003 2:00:57 AM dougdrake wrote:

They do - they are called the Heritage line. LOL.

I predict you will never see a 3-way Reference series.

DD

----------------

I had heritage, it was just too big for my living room. What's the definition of a "Reference" speaker anyway?

----------------

On 9/21/2003 2:25:38 AM m00n wrote:

I had heritage, it was just too big for my living room. What's the definition of a "Reference" speaker anyway?

----------------

I think it sounds cool... otherwise the title sets this series as the referential meansurement to the sound, design, and philosophy of all klipsh speakers, which isn't all that true because the heritage line is THE reference. I think someone around here has a signature that says, "we should reference the heritage line for that was the beginning" or something to that effect. but the heritage line is too different in design compared to the reference and synergy series, so I'd like to think the heritage line is in the league of its own.

well, the Heritage line are for sure the "big boss" of the klipsch home speakers.

i would definitely buy a klipsch 3 way design reference speakers, but if they dont sound nearly as the heritage line. i will stick with the R series.

reason i came up with this question is that..

last week i came to good guys store to test the Monitor audios bronze and silver and the energy veritas line.

for some reference .. they have rf7 on display. i immediately tested them all and came up that still the rf7 has some precise and quality sound. even though the other speakers were 3 way designs and somewhat in the same price, there was no competition to the rf7.

so out of curiosity, there is a possiblilty that a reference 3 way design is a good option to the next level of reference series klipsch.

just my opinion.

post some facts and opinions you would like to discuss..

----------------

On 9/20/2003 11:18:31 PM m00n wrote:

Yeah, I'm like you, I have always been around 3-ways. I was in for quit the shock when I brought home my RF7s. I plugged them in, had not hooked up my sub yet... I was thinking to myself... (remember that old comercial "Wheres the beef"?) Well, I was thinking, "Where's the bass"? I love the sound of the RF7s, but I have said it before I would not be totaly happy with them if I didn't have subs. They seem to be a finicky speaker, you have to place them just right in order to get good low frequencies out of them. That's just the way I see it.

There has been a lot of talk about 3-ways here on the board lately. Also something else that has been said a here as of late... "Build them and they will come"

Again, I say if they would build a good 3-way, I would be first in line.
1.gif

----------------

Greetings:

Ever since the first English small speakers that had a fair mid and high, but no bass, there was a downhill decline.

The Marketing Departments of a number of companies saw that they could charge a fairly high price for the fair mid and high and the Consumer would buy a woofer, eventually, sub-woofer.

Therefore since the public is buying sub-woofers, even to accenuate three (3) way speakers, there is money to be made.

So, as long as people shell out the money for sub-woofers and don't demand/request speakers that can attain a good low end you will not see again a three (3) way speaker.

Look at the cost of the RF7 and add in the sub-woofercost, the profits make the owners smile, which makes us pay more.

And then you add vinyl veneers and more plastic. That's the sad story.

Win dodger

----------------

On 9/21/2003 11:53:53 AM danechristian wrote:

even though the other speakers were 3 way designs and somewhat in the same price, there was no competition to the rf7.

----------------

So what are you saying the other 3-way speakers sounded better than the RF7s? if so, I can see why.

Dodger you very well could be right.15.gif

i was saying that there was no competition.

RF 7 do have the sound quality and it is better for my ears.

rf 7 wins!! to be exact. i was saying before that a 3 way design to a klipsch reference may be the next level to a klipsch reference and may sound quite near to a heritage line.

dont get me wrong. i love how this R speakers sound, and i dont even have the idea to replace them with any speaker in its price range.

question now is when will klipsch release a new line of reference speakers? just curious though.