OH NO! Look what my friend bought!

fivelitermustang

http://www.bose.com/controller;jsessionid=1uFZGvbGhm2Z8aVYRodwkukMKeFOA5rWrB4cHIJdq7d37GqH37tl!-1108788797!1711229051?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=ls18_dvd_index&pageName=/home_entertainment/theater/systems/dvd_cd/index.jsp

I gave that thing a listen and all I can say is WOW! This thing sucks for the 2999.99CAD he payed for it at Best Buy. The mids are very harsh and at high volumes they really break up and are piercing. The subwoofer doesn't have any power under 40Hz. The speakers have some sort of ADAPTiQ technology that compensates the sound to the room environment but in my opinion it sounded very poor.

I could put together a killer Paradigm system with a sick receiver for the price he paid for his Bose.

Ok

So what do you want us to do? Mock this person? Throw rocks at this fella? Use a King Tiger and roll over his/her house? Detonate a 90Megaton device in their living room while they enjoy the awesome Acoustic Me$$? Ban then to an eternity in HELL?

If some like the RICH sound of B0$e let them enjoy it.

Some people like the sound of B0$e.

What can I say

As I have said in other posts Bose has its place.

the Bose system can produce wide field of sound that does sound good. The system is not designed to blow you hat off it is designed to produce the best sound to appease the average consumer.

Why not take the time to help him ser the system up so he can get the most out of it.

I have the Bose CD/radio and it sound pretty darn good right out of the box and plug it in.

"I have the Bose CD/radio and it sound pretty darn good right out of the box and plug it in."

Aaaaaa HA

At least one Klipscher,veteran and proud American comes out of the closet! Jump him and have no mercy

11.gif

LOL

Does it do the expanding stereo trick? I heard the Wave guide helps bass best SVS B4-Plus,is it true?

----------------

On 9/22/2003 7:05:48 AM bruinsrme wrote:

Ear,

i had mentioned the Bose in previous posts. For what it is and the amount of room it takes up in the living room it does a great job. It fills the room with decent sound. For $500 its overpriced as all the Bose products are.

----------------

Yeah, I heard the Bose Wave Radio, but I'll admit for $250, my Tivoli Audio Henry Kloss Model 2 radio w/ Sub does the same thing a whole lot better (although I'll admit that I don't have the CD player - but add a cheap walkman player for $20 (which I honostly don't think the one on the wave radio is much better), and there you have it. Now, for slightly less than the price of the Bose Wave w/ CD, you can get the radio combo, which I found to be very nice. I may go and get that CD player, since it is more convenient than using the PC, plus it is a very nice CD player.

One nice advantage of the Bose Wave Radio is that it does have everything in one neat little package. Also, the Bose Wave Radio does have an alarm clock function that that Tivoli Audio package does not.

However, they did come out with the Model Three, which is an alarm clock/radio model, plus you can add the extra speaker (including one that has a second alarm!). You could add the sub and CD player also if you wish. You don't get that kind of flexibility with the Bose, though.

----------------

On 9/26/2003 12:12:17 PM jstanton wrote:

For $12.95 my Emerson clock radio wins hands-down in the bang-for-buck category...

----------------

Yeah, but it sounds like complete crap. I wanted something that sounded very nice for use in my office, and for the price and size, the Tivoli fit the bill perfectly.

----------------

On 9/27/2003 7:40:50 PM TheEAR wrote:

The weak point of the Tivoli is the so called "sub",why dont they give a Revel B15 with it?
2.gif

----------------

Yeah, that would go over real well in my office building 9.gif. Actually that little sub that comes with the Tivoli is actually not a bad sounding little sub. It does exactly as they advertise, simply extends the lower end of the speakers and does it very seamlessly. Don't expect big slam out of it, and it certainly is not a "woofa with supa-mega-bass" like you see in a lot of those "ghetta blastaz" you see at Best Buy and the like.

Hey, at least it has a subwoofer, unlike the Bose Wave Radio - and it certainly sounds much better in bass extension than the Bose does. Now, if you want to, you could hook up a Revel B15 if you get a mini-phone jack to stereo RCA cable, although it may be a bit much for the Model Two's speakers. 11.gif