Finally...I got my Cornwalls!!!

synthfreek

I picked them up Monday on my lunch break from the local Forward Air terminal. THANKS JEFF!!! If anyone is wondering if they'll fit in a Subaru Outback, they will(unpacked with all of the packing material taking up every available other space). If you remember I was dead set on trying to locally pick up a pair but never had any luck. IF YOU'RE DOING THE SAME...DON'T! $66.00 SHIPPED FROM FORWARD AIR! Unreal! I have converted my "nice" speaker cables from banana jacks to those tiny spade connectors and let 'em rip. Fantastic bass response and an overall sound that is not a night and day difference from my KG4.2's that I've used for 12 years now. That's a good thing. I do think I'll move them into my back "sun room" to get them a little more distance between them. The entire room has clay tile floors and the wall they'll be against is a wall of glass. But they will both be in corners(instead of just one in this configuration) and they'll be about 10' apart(center to center) compared to 7'. To top it off this room is 12' x 8 1/4'. I've gotta busy day of separating my 2-channel rig from my HT. Stay tuned for results. By the way the first few things I listened to were: Muddy Waters-Folk Singer, Jocelyn Pook-Untold Things, Jeff Beck-Cause We've Ended As Lovers, Beastie Boys-Slow And Low and Paul Revere, Michael Hedges-Aerial Boundaries, Japancakes-Belmondo, John Fahey-America, Dead Can Dance-Into The Labyrinth, Michael Brook-Cobalt Blue, Leonard Cohen-Who By Fire & Pete Namlook-Air II.

"Be sure and do HDBR idea and take off metal sliders and put on grippers from wal-mart,,,,hooks it up to smooth floor ....makes a good improvment,,,,i did this to my Scalas,Corns and wow,,,,rick"

I left the casters on but placed them directly into some grippers. After taking another look in my back room I'll have to put plans on moving there to a halt. There is only one electrical outlet in the room and it would require a 25' extension cord to get juice to where it needs to go. Aargh.

Congrats on the Cornwalls! As I see, you are not disappointed. Running off of vacuum tubes is definately a plus as well (something I'd like to do someday). And you've got a great room to use them in...you're all set now!

Wishing you many years of Heritage pleasure!2.gif