why wont my rptv converge?

jkjome85

I have a TOSHIBA 42H81 42" Widescreen HD Rear Projection TV that is just over one year old, and I am having major problems getting my TV to converge. It has an auto convergence button, but it doesnt do a very good job. When I do the manual convergence, which has 10 points to converge, I get the middle ok, but the outside foot perimeter of the screen, especially the first 3 inches of perimeter is bad. When there is a white object or line on the screen, I see red or blue lines to the side of it. When manual converging the TV, the blue and red lines are almost totally hidden behind the White thingy, so why do they appear when using the darn thing. I do wait a half hour to see if it gets better, AND till I do any converging adjustments. Is this a common thing for RPTV's? I have my RF-3II tower and SB-1 main speakers about one and a half feet away from the sides of the TV, but I dont have any room to move them farther, and my RC-3II center is atop the TV. Dont think they are too close though. I purchased an extended 4-year warrenty with the TV, so do you think that would cover me having a technician come in and professionally converge it for me? Thanks