Original Cornwall IIs, Santa Cruz, CA - $400

freddy

hey guys,

i have a pair of original walnut Cornwall IIs (early 80's vintage) for sale in Santa Cruz CA. GOod condition, minor scratches and a missing logo on one speaker. $400 to forum inhabitants. I do love them dearly but they're just too big. i wish i could get this kind of sound in a bookshelf, or keep them for posterity, but i purchased a very small place and they are just too ridiculously large for the room, and the house has no storage/garage.

I'll leave this post up here for a week, and they must be picked up within ten days. then i'll put em on ebay or audiogon to the highest bidder2.gif

replying to this post will send me an email.

never sold 'em. i was in a crisis with girlfriend and housemate. i had just bought a few other speakers before i got the cornwalls. they were like "WTF is the matter with you!?" speakers all over the house. The were harassing me about it, and i needed to get rid of some and raise some money. so i mostly put em up on ebay to prove to them that i wasn't crazy. sounds unbelievable, but I had no intention of selling. i closed the auction, and have been enjoying them since. they eventually came to agree that the sound was worth keeping these monsters in our little apt.

Are you serious, Gary? Santa Cruz would be about 6 hours round trip. Making a crate is about $80 and a day and a half. Forward Air is about a 5 hour round trip (with the drop off, go get a money order, come back and pay). If the Vault were somewhere between SF and Santa Cruz, that could save some real time. OR if the vault were shipped to Forward Air in SF, and I dropped the Corns off in it at the terminal, then immediately re-shipped. Hmmmm...

freddy,

Got any photos?

fini

Gary,

Would you use those for surrounds in your HT? Yes, the plan would hinge on the Vault being in SF. I wonder how long Forward Air would be willing to hang on to the vault (if they offer some type of storage). I'm surprised no one else here has expressed interest. Where is that dang Vault?

fini

Fini,

They would be used with my macs in my downstairs system to replace the heresys which, if I don't end up trading, will be part of my son's HT graduation gift in 2 years. Of course that depends on him graduating in 2 years (right now he's on schedule).

$300 for Forward Air transport makes these corns just an average acquisition. More hassle then they're worth. Anyone driving cross country for Christmas?4.gif

Jim,

When I was planning the crate for the Cornwalls I shipped to lshannon in Portland, OR, I found a single Cornwall just barely made it within UPS Ground dimensions and weight. But not with the 2" of packing material all around. I forget how much that was going to cost, but I believe Forward was still cheaper. It would make sense to combine shipping, and fill the empty space within those Cornwalls with some amps, Heresys, or Beanie Babies to get your money's worth.

fini

----------------

On 9/26/2003 11:40:38 PM garymd wrote:

Anyone driving cross country for Christmas?
4.gif

----------------

We're tentatively planning a trip to DC & Tennessee in the Spring. I don't think the Corns will fit under the seat...

fini

Jim,

Yeah, when I crated and shipped and photographed an Schlepped (SP?) the Cornwalls, I paid myself literally about $.50 per hour. Oh well. At least they found a happy home.

I have been doing some eBay selling, and I have found it's WAY easier to buy (duh!). It's work, man!

fini