Original Cornwall IIs, Santa Cruz, CA - $400

freddy

----------------

On 9/26/2003 11:45:18 PM fini wrote:

----------------

On 9/26/2003 11:40:38 PM garymd wrote:

Anyone driving cross country for Christmas?
4.gif

----------------

We're tentatively planning a trip to DC & Tennessee in the Spring. I don't think the Corns will fit under the seat...

fini

----------------

How about tied to the roof? Rent a Uhaul trailer?

Please look me up when you come to town Fini. Cornwalls or not.

Gary I do quite a bit of business with FWD AIR. Matter of fact these hecos (140lb each) I just sold are going from NY to LA CA by way of fwd air. I don't know the exact cost but I expect it to be roughly $150.

No way in heck would it cost $300 to ship those CWs to the east coast. $150 tops. Seriously.

They don't need to be crated or in a vault. Fwd air is extremely good at handling palletized frieght properly.

Find someone willing to pick them up for you, wrap each one tightly and seperately in a thick goodwill comforter and then encase each one in heavy gauge cardboard. Lay them on their sides with their faces both in ...use one or 2 rachet tie-downs and secure them tighly on a 40" x 48" wooden pallet. Then shrink wrap the entire pallet and speakers to assure no movent occurs.

The pallets and cardboard can be found for free in many industrial areas. The fwd air people will most likely let you use some of their shrink wrap. The rachet tie downs are $13 for two and a fair labor price would be $50.

You could have them in your cellar for about $600.

I thought the $300 was a little high too after hearing someone paid only $66 to ship cornwalls about half the distance through FA.

I just don't think anyone is close enough to these to do this for me or I would persue it further.

Thanks for the info though. Much appreciated.

i was away all weekend..

hey jobman,

i had meant to add that you had first dibs in light of last years race, but longview gets 'em, as he's a fellow santa cruzer.. that is, if i don't chicken out of selling them. Its painful to part with them, but they're so obnoxiously huge! i imagine this is what it must be like to have two really gigantic twin daughters, and you have to send them to diet camp. or something.

cheers

eric