What do you guys know about the RB-35?

bongo4

i was told by a good salesmen, if you buy any RB speaker and plan on putting it on a speaker stand, then you might as well buy the RF speaker since it has the same footprint. Meaning it takes up the same amount of space on the ground. the RF series will come with two woofers rather than just one with the RB speaker. the RF speaker will also handle more power as well. Hope I was some help dude.

I'm not seeing a huge price difference. From Goodguys.com...

RB-3 is $650/pair

RB-35 is $300/each

RF-3 is $425 each

RB-35 and RB-3 cost almost the same, although you might find some old RB-3s at a discount. The RB-35s are front ported, which may be better for bookshelf or against-wall placement. RB-35s handle 125w vs 100. RB-35s go lower - 45Hz vs 52 Hz. RB-35 has a 8" woofer and 6" horn vs 6.5 and 5 for the RB-3. RB-35 definitely has a better grill design.

Overall, looking at the specs, the RB-35 looks all-around better. Its probably cheaper because of new manufacturing processes, such as integrating the horn into the front face of the speaker.

David

I have listened to the RB35 vs RF35 and the RF does cover the bass to a greater extent. However, I found that on some of the music with lots of bass the RFs seemed to have too much and I actually prefered the RB35s. Frankly, every time I hear them I am in awe and at the same time I question my hearing to prefer a bookshelf over a floorstanding...? I think its about 20 inches high and I am sure this helps its sound over the more typical size bookshelf which in my opinion are not even in the same class at this price range. Once we added a RW10 sub to the RB35s I found I prefered them to the RF35s. This may have been a setup issue, but my ears prefered the additional bass from the less directional sub.

good points made others previously, but I will add that if you have any small gremlins running around your home the newer versions can take alot more finger poking due to the revised cone structure. (the centers of all my current floor standing speakers have been dented in with fingers/crayons etc.)