RF3 Right speaker louder than left? How to test?

Thade

Yo. Maybe it's me, maybe it's the placement of the speakers ,my Outlaw 950 or the source but it seems like I get more oomph from my right channel for bass. There is movement on both woofers on the left speaker. Should that confirm that they are both working properly or will one woofer cause the other's movement from vibration? Should I open up the speaker to check it? I'm gonna swap the speakers later & listen for any difference.

TIA

Jeff

Please do try swapping them. Better yet, you can place them side by side and, using the balance control, alternate between them. A mono signal would help here but it is fairly rare to find bass in just one channel.

Can you tell us if this is a new development in a system which heretofor worked well at its present location?

On the other hand, is it a new location for the speakers and system which worked well in another location?

Or is this a matter of new electronics, or speakers?

The above information naturally helps us a lot.

No, the diaphragm of a dead speaker will not move any appreciable distance from sound pressure from the other.

As others suggested, checking all wiring is always a good idea.

Let us know.

Gil

Have your hearing checked if you swap things around and get the same result. I'm not being a smart a** with this response. I had a similar concern about a year to two ago, and did go in for a hearing check. Found I had a small amount of fluid in my ear, and that impacted my hearing on that side.