HELP with Subwoofers

peterbwreal

After reading this site for some months I'm ready to make a commitment on sub. I have a set of '86 Belles with ALK networks which sound, great but don't put out a lot of bass. I listen mostly to "classic" jazz and classical, at mid-to-high volumes, and I'm very limited on placement (mostly under, or behind, a grand piano). I'm down to the following: SVS 20-39,

RSW-12, or HSU VTF-2. What do you suggest? Thanks!

From what you describe the Klipsch RSW12 and found at a good price would be the perfect fit.

If HT was the main issue the SVS would get the vote,and the HSU for a bit of both.

Note all are very capable and true subwoofers,all three are of great built quality.So you really cannot go worong here.

For primarily "classical" jazz and classical music, I prefer the bass sound of my VTF-2. In comparison, my 20-39PCi has the edge in HT and "harder" music (as would a 20-39+). The RSW-12 is also a very nice sub with similar music/HT strengths as my 20-39PCi.

All three would make good choices, but with your primary music preference, you might want to seriously consider the HSU.

Harmon Kardon AVR 525

Mains: RF3II

Center: RC35

Surrounds: RS35

Rear: KLF-C7

SVS 20-39PCi

SVS PB2-ISD (on order)

Yamaha RX-V1300

Mains, Center: Onkyo SKS-HT500

Surrounds: Axiom QS-8

HSU VTF-2