Online sales

larrymaher

I am also interested in a RSW-12 OR RSW-15 to replace my KSW-15. I run rf3-ii fronts and RC-35. I alos want either the rs-25 (smaller) OR rs-35 to complete my system. My ? is: Do you recommend buying online to save money, or try to deal locally in Pittsburgh? I saw the RSW-15 delivered for about 1000 online. For that money, am I taking a risk?

Who is a reputable online dealer? warranty?

Thanks for your help. Also, IS the SVS a better buy? I can't find a place to demo it so it scares me to buy somehting sight unseen.

You need to understand that there are only about 3 or 4 authorized online Klipsch dealers. The vast majority are unauthorized dealers, which means that more often than not, the serial number tags have been removed from the product and thereby voided the factory warranty. Some of these dealers will provide you with their warranty, but my concern would be who is actually working on your high-end equipment.

I would urge you to jump on the Klipsch website and print out a list of the authorized dealers within x number of miles from your home. Call a bunch of them for the best price on the equipment that you intend on purchasing. Be as up front with them as possible. The RSW-15 retails for $1,800, but you won't have to pay that for the sub. So you need to ask yourself how concerned you are with the product and warranty that you are getting. I would personally be leary of paying only $1,000 delivered for that sub. (the 15) Try working with your local dealer a bit and see what you can do there.

Wrong! There is only a single online authorized Klipsch dealer and that is UBid. They only sell the obsolete or refurbished items from Klipsch as well, they often have little or nothing available. The companies that do manage to sell Klipsch online offer their own warranty it is NOT a Klipsch factory warranty. Online deals can be had, just ask plenty of questions and proceed with caution.

I spoke with the National Accounts Manager at Klipsch before I purchased my system and he told me that there are about 3-4 of them. I don't recall the others, but one is goodguys.com. (I believe that goodguys will only sell, or are only allowed to sell, online to people in their area).