Just got pw-2200 version 2

Underhanded Penguin

Let me just say first of all I was not a fan of version 1. Many people liked it. I thought it was okay for HT but lacked in the music department because it was not punchy enough. Well, I went to a local audio store to demo version 2 and what can I say. Wow. 400 watts now. I thought the version 1 had a design flaw with the 4 vents on the amp plate that made a ton of air flow noise when pushed hard. No more. The only air coming out of this beast is the port. Might be too early to say this but I think the pw-2200 version 2 is the new king of budget price/performance ratio subwoofers. At least for Canadians...

TheEARS... you might want to add your two cents.

To my ears, it's quite a big improvement from the version 1...

Now I'm thinking of getting a pw-2100 for the computer. That would beat any multimedia sub I think. I Wonder if there's a way to hook a pw-2100 up to my promedia's which have RB-3's connected to them.

I always found the PW2200 ver1.0 was formidable competition against the RSW12 regardless of the price difference... I don't want to start a flame war, but it would have been high on my list as a store bought sub... Bang for the buck from a large corporation...

From what you say, ver2.0 just upped the ante. 1.gif

Rob

"I believe the pw-2200 is an RSW-12 killer in every aspect... punch, depth, price."

Price a definite YES,depth a minor YES and punch a definite NO.

And I compared them side by side.The PW2200 is a better value,that is for sure.Now what I am waiting for is the Paradigm Signature Servo 2500 this is by far the most potent Paradigm(err Parabose)makes.

Okay. I agree with theEARs except for the depth thing. This thing goes lower than the RSW-15. Doesn't that make it an RSW-12 killer. Okay maybe killer is a bit harsh. Let's just say it goes lower then. In terms of punch, yeah I'll give it to the RSW-12 because it does have a higher db bump at around 60hz. Although the pw-2200 v2 does sound a lot punchier and quicker than the v1. That I can attest to.

Sure it does not make much sense,it was a silly joke.

And what about your claim the PW2200 kills a RSW12.The Ver 2 does not best the RSW12 in all tests.

When you have tested,compared half as many subs as I did then we will speak.

The only thing any sub kills is bank accounts and peace with those who live close by.Nothing more

"The only thing any sub kills is bank accounts and peace with those who live close by.Nothing more"

Fair enough. I'll agree to that. RSW-12 is a great sub. It was originally my first choice to get. But alas, the price did not agree with my bank account. The RSW-12 was almost double the price of the pw-2200 v2. The more movies I watch with it, the more shocked I am of how much I paid for it. It's ridiculous is what it is.

Biggus, I don't think I got the best deal for my sub. Although I don't know any other paradigm dealers near my area. I live in downtown Toronto. I got them for 820 + tax. Their price tag is about 1050. Then there was a sale price tag which was 940. Then the sales guy gave it to me for 820. (Good marketing and mark up) With tax it came to about 960. All in Canadian dollars. I bought it at Kromer Radio at Bathurst and Dundas.

I think I saw posts about people being able to get them for around 700 plus tax. This might have been version 1 though... For me, even at 820 it was a good deal considering what you get.