Forte bass, please tell me I am not crazy....

forte

• 3 months later...

Your not crazy, just tuning a critical ear. I just joined this site after becoming so excited over the Klipsch Forte speaker I recently acquired. I have always found a high current amp design is critical for these speakers as the load is difficult for some amps. I am using a Denon AVR985 and the speakers breath very openly. On my B channel is a much guarded set of Infinity RS 3B's. I use a HP computer with a vintage creative sound card that is just as old. It allows me to dial in very specific settings. The Fortes being a reflex design with a 15 inch radiator and proper distance to wall to room size and adjustment for acoustics will bring out nice accurate bass without boom or hang.

You just have to keep telling them Wuzzer hehe

Southern, what crossover did you use to biamp fortes? I am thinking to go active with mine instead of renewing passives, but

i only have tube amps for mids, rest of my amps are SS. Did you keep high/mid portion of original passive XO?

Southern, what crossover did you use to biamp fortes? I am thinking to go active with mine instead of renewing passives, but

i only have tube amps for mids, rest of my amps are SS. Did you keep high/mid portion of original passive XO?

My speakers are the orginal Forte 1's that have been re-capped and modified for bi-amping. The modified crossover components are the same values as the original crossover design.

Here is the link with pictures: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=94027

No, you aren't crazy. I learned this years ago. A high powered/high current high quality amp will always give more authoritative bass with better control, and better overall sound.

I used to think otherwise until I started getting more heavy into audio and trying many different equipment and speakers. It was a learning experience you only get when trying various products.