Where's my DTS??

GOLDDOWN

hey guys, I hooked up a digital optical from my dvd player to my yamaha RXV-1300 and now I can't get DTS to work, it does'nt even come up on the video display, but when I go to regular cable tv it comes on, even show up on the video display. What am I doing wrong?

By the way, my new RF-5s sound awsome. thanks Pete.

Like m00n said DTS will only function when there is a DIGITAL DTS signal present. If it is coming on when watching cable TV something is wrong with the receiver as there are NO stations that I am aware of that broadcast in DTS. The DVD must be DTS encoded and it has to be chosen from the audio setup menu to be activated.

Check your manual for possible conflicts. Doublecheck that there is not a selectable source (analog/digital) on your receiver. Did you pull the analog RCA cables from the player after you hooked up the digital cable? (stupid question?) Always make sure your equipment is off, or better yet, unplugged, when running cables. Just thoughts.

on the cable tv it just show that it's avaiable for you. on the DVD it doesn't come on the screen at all. it's will show everything else pro logic, pro logic II, digital, etc, etc. however, I think your right I have to have a dvd disk that has the format. Yes, the rca cables where diconnted. thanks guys.