The Who

Lone Palm

Just got "The Kids Are Alright"DVD. This is some great stuff. Interveiws,Live Performances, and Promo videos. Never saw them live but this is a great"Substitute"! Their reords have never shown the extraordinary lead guitar talents of Pete Townsend. Keith Moon is hilarious. Trully a must have!

I have to agree that The Kids are Alright is a must have. We have had copies on beta and vhs over the years. The vhs version was poor video and sound quality.

The dvd has solved those problems. The bonus material is worth watching as well.

Doug

• 3 weeks later...

----------------

On 10/18/2003 8:23:24 AM Lone Palm wrote:

Just got "The Kids Are Alright"DVD. This is some great stuff. Interveiws,Live Performances, and Promo videos. Never saw them live but this is a great"Substitute"! Their reords have never shown the extraordinary lead guitar talents of Pete Townsend. Keith Moon is hilarious. Trully a must have!

----------------

I was not aware that "The Kids are Allright" was out on DVD, thanks for the info. I've saw it first run in the theatre and on VHS many times.

I saw The Who in '69. It was my first concert at age 14. They did "Tommy", Keith Moon was alive and vital;they were still instrument smashing. Unfortunately after seing hundreds of concerts over the years, it was my benchmark and was probably the best one... even up 'til now. It's one of my fondest memories.

Now I shudder with what's left of The Who. Their music is cut up for commercials and the CSI theme. I'd rather remember them in their prime.

"Live at Leeds" is still probably the best live album ever recorded.