Pathos Acoustics Classic One: SET-like

kjohnsonhp

What do you think of this attractive Italain integrated at a modest $2195 list?

Stereophile Nov 2003 issues "The Classic One didn't just emulate or approach the sound of SETs--it rivaled, if not srpassed, the sound of fle-powerred SETs I have known.--Sam Tellig.

70wpc into 8 ohms, single pair of MOSFET output devices per channel. Two Sovtek 6922 input tubes. Pair of balanced XLR inputs

"The Pathos Acoustics Classic ONe is ne of the finest-sounding amps I have ver heard, of anyh era, from anywhere--including amps costing $20,000 and more....I know of nothing on the market that surpasses the Classic One where it counts: in harmonic accuracy, resolution, and illumination--immediacy, if you will"--Sam Tellig

I must admit that peaked my interest (as it should dean's) since sam is a SET fanatic, his recommendation of a big wattage amp as have many of the same great family values as SET made me sit up and take notice. I am out of the amp buying game for a good long time but I hope someone takes the time to audition these and give us feedback, could be the answer to a lot of problems...tony

• 5 months later...
Guest Anonymous

So who the heck has heard this, I am probably going to buy one, but would love a little feedback...this definatly has WAF all over it!!!11.gif

Feedback please

Smilin likes, I think3.gif