Help: Dad wants PC speakers

MD1032

My dad would like some speakers for his computer desk. He has a budget of 50 bucks and would not like a subwoofer if possible. He wants something nice-looking to go with his computer desk. He is currently using some crap harman kardon hunks of plastic that came with his Dell Dimension 4100.

All help appreciated.

for 50 bucks thats about all he is going to get.

Checkout the Klipsch website Store. You can get a factory refurbished ProMedia 4.1 system for $130. A 2.1 system is even less. And there will be absolutely no comparison to the crap your Dad is considering. I guarantee you, he will not be unsatisfied spending the few extra bucks. He will thank you. And who knows? He might even buy some bigger Klipsch speakers for the rest of the family!

16.gif

I think the best for the budget is one of the Cambridge Soundworks pc speaker systems. Even the bottom end "pc works" can be purchased retail for that price. One does have to deal with the subwoofer, but in my opinion, it is the most bang for the buck. Ebay usually would provide better prices than that.

go garage sale-ing. Yesterday I got a sweet altec lansing 2.1 system for $2! Works and looks like new!9.gif

This is the set I got. I'd highly reccomend it even for the $20 this seller is asking on ebay. The sub isn't huge but it puts out plenty of bass if you turn its level knob up. It's a 4" long throw woofer with a 15watt interal amplifier.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2762829750&category=41845

f8_1.JPG