Paradigm's new SUBS SOLID INFO,no bull

TheEAR

Today luck had it a Paradigm rep was at my local Paradigm/Klipsch/Sunfire dealer and I had the chance to speak a few good minutes about Paradigm's upcoming products.

First when I walked in I saw low and behold...the new Signature 20 monitors,you have to see and hear these little gems to really understand better what real quality is.

The finish is simply worthy of the finest super speakers,the only speakers having a better finish are Avalon's Eidolon Diamond and Focus Audio's reference speakers.The finish is that damn good.

The drivers are not only retouched drivers from the studio series...oh no.They rival Focal and Dynaudio in some respects(still not Esotar like...but who is,hm).In other words true High-End

The sound was expansive,soundstage huge and no colorations could be heard.Smooth,detailed and non fatiguing.In other words great

After a full inspection I must give TheEAR seal of aproval.

However the main interest here being subs I quickly assaulted the rep with the upcoming Paradigm subs.

First of all the Seismic 10 and 12 should be out as I post(some places in two weeks or more).These subs are finalised and in production.

The Seismic subs will be part of the Reference lineup,with the Servo-15.

The Seismic 10 and 12 woofers are down firing,the 10" woofer has a 19lbs magnetic structure and the 12" has a 29lbs one.Each uses a cast basket and the voice coils are fully cooled.These woofers use aluminium heatsings inside the back vent in the magnetic structure.Unlike anything seen up to now.(I have the brochure 1.gif ).

The Seismic subs use two opposed PR's,weight loaded of course.The Seismic 10 should be good to 21Hz and the 12 down to 18Hz.

The Seismic 10 and 12 direct competition will be Velodyne's SPL 1000 and 1200 as well as Sunfire's Mark IV and Sinature.

The amplifier these use is a BASH type(transformerless),around 90% of power consumed is transformed into OUTPUT,so the 10%(as claimed)loss is very good.

Each amp is rated at 1500W RMS and 4500W PEAK,yes you read right.No typo

I still have to hear and feel how these numbers translate into SPL at 20Hz,31.5Hz and 40Hz.And how linear these subs are

So far these look like real contenders to Sunfire and Velodyne

Also I had to ask to see the Paradigm flagship sub the awesome Signature 2500.

Now this is a BEAST,with a massive 15" woofer,looks like it can compete with the best of them.This sub is simply gorgeous,no make this amazing looks and from the specs great performance.

The sub back plate is made of of one piece of alu with a very large "P" cut in the very thick plate.The amp is also rated at 1500W RMS and 4500W PEAK.Has both standard and balanced inputs,plenty of controls to dial in and make the sub match your systems.

I tell you you would have to see this beast to really understand Paradigm has arrived.The Servo-15 looks like a whimp next to the Signature 2500.From the massive very long throw 15" bruiser to the immaculate cabinet and the gorgous amp/plate rated at 1500W RMS(not some BS MBO or other banana rating)and 4.5Kliowats peak! OUF This is THE plate amp,it clearly bests anything made even my Revel B15 amp,or the plate amp om my HGS18.The only plate amp of maybe better quality(MAYBE)is on Wilson's WATCH DOG.

I tell you I am getting both Seismic subs and the Signature 2500.

9.gif9.gif9.gif

PS A little error is in my post the amps are rated at 1200W RMS/4500W PEAK.My mistake

Wow, that sub must sure like current! At only 10% loss, with a 1500 watt rms output, if driven to full rms capacity will draw 1650 watts from your wall outlet! That's a full 13.6 amps. I sure hope that the price of hydro doesn't skyrocket too much. It would really suck spending more on electricity than gasoline, but then Ear, you must be used to that, eh? 2.gif

Hate when i put things in (< >) and it never appears in the post.. Any how the good dream was supposed to be that you quoted us prices in Canadian dollars Ear, as Paradigm is a canadian company. However, something tells me that you didn't in which case i really will have to fall in love with the Sig in order to be able to justify a doubling of cost for Paradigms newest flagship sub.

Well the SVS B4-Plus no doubt is a more powerful sub,its a fact.Is the B4-Plus of better quality...NOPE.

Lets look at the woofers,both are feats of woofer design.Lets look at the amp power each can eat with ease...both can take KILOWATTS.The B4-Plus uses four 12" woofers the Signature 2500 a single 15".

The B4-Plus finish is great and the cabinet is rock solid,the Signature 2500 cabinet finish is gorgeous and the cabinet is rock solid.

Both DIG DEEP and can play at VERY HIGH SPL,the B4-Plus can simply play louder.

So...I HAVE TO GET THEM ALL.9.gif

Wow!!! Must ear that sub! But still, lets not forget that the Tumult has the XBL² motor technology... I even forgot it when I posted. Im in a hurry that TN reviews that Paradigm monster subwoofer 2.gif Im really in a hurry also, to know whats the deal with the Tumult motor technology, to know how it will sounds near its Xmax. If some people have done some reviews about a sealed Tumult (I have seen some), most of the time, they dont use their Tumult at its maximum due to not enough power. Many use the Keiga 1000W plate amp with a Tumult and often, it is not enough if you want to use it at its maximum. I wonder what is the Sd and Xmax of the new Paradigm Servo subwoofer, just by curiousity 1.gif It must be between 25 and 30 mm one way...

Oh... and I dont compare ported/PR subs against sealed one if you thought that Im gonna build a PRed one. I finally decided to go with a sealed enclosure as Im curious to know what this woofer is ready to deliver by itself and the box will be very small too (2 cubic ft, Q of 0,65). 1.gif

UP,

You bet the whole Signature line is gorgeous.And the quality of parts and know how matches the looks.I tell ya the Signature series is by FAR the best speakers Paradigm ever desgned and made.

Pincette a Feu,

With a 1200W RMS/4500W PEAK push the Signature 2500 will no doubt MOVE.I will get more details soon on the Sig2500