Call Of Duty

CO1

Guess I should name some and to make them easy to find I will list the file names, all of which are .pk3 files that go in the Call of Duty\Main folder.

cairo

eclipsbeta3

evreux

farm2

fivepoints

GermanWoodFinal

MedowHall2

mp_aztec

mp_berlin

mp_Biggerbrecourt

mp_panzerbunker

mp_pegasusday

mp_pegasusnight

mp_riveredge

neverland_final

omaha

pleasantville

portvillage

snipertown

street

vokbeta

Yes, COD is a decent game, but it still uses a heavily modified Quake 3 engine, that is about 4 years old, and is made "in part" from the same team that made Medal of Honor. The graphics are dated, but a bit better than the Quake 3 engine based Medal of Honor. The Graphics in COD do not Compare to the up to date Unreal Tenchnology based games (other than a few that did not use its potential within the code base.

----------------

On 12/26/2003 4:43:54 PM Chillen wrote:

Yes, COD is a decent game, but it still uses a heavily modified Quake 3 engine, that is about 4 years old, and is made "in part" from the same team that made Medal of Honor. The graphics are dated, but a bit better than the Quake 3 engine based Medal of Honor. The Graphics in COD do not Compare to the up to date Unreal Technology based games (other than a few that did not use its potential within the code base.

----------------

Decent game? Well so is space invaders my friend. Hear me for a moment. I understand your post, but it really is not a good comparison. I think this thread is only dealing with the whole WWII thing and not all PC games in general. Other wise you are probably right. We are not looking for a fight on this one. It`s just if you compare all the other world history conflict games this one looks and sounds damn good. Comprende?1.gif

----------------

On 12/26/2003 4:43:54 PM Chillen wrote:

Yes, COD is a decent game, but it still uses a heavily modified Quake 3 engine, that is about 4 years old, and is made "in part" from the same team that made Medal of Honor. The graphics are dated, but a bit better than the Quake 3 engine based Medal of Honor. The Graphics in COD do not Compare to the up to date Unreal Tenchnology based games (other than a few that did not use its potential within the code base.

----------------

I agree but Call of Duty *demo* runs damn smooth on my *aging* computer. By the way everyone I finally got a copy off of Ebay, I can't wait to try it out!

Chillen, can't say I agree but perhaps if you gave me some examples I might see it your way. I only say this because I own pretty much every first person shooter that is worth buying and I don't recall being disappointed with COD's graphics. I was actually impressed with some if the effects. I run the game with every possible graphic setting on or turned up all the way at XGA resolution and it looks pretty good to me so maybe that is the difference. Still I would like to hear some examples because if they are any good I have them and would like to compare again as I dont view COD as a let down in this area.

• 3 weeks later...

After reading through this thread, I guess I better get to installing and playing that copy of Call of Duty that I recently bought. I have been trying to play through and beat Halo first. I am almost done with Halo, have been playing that quite a bit the last day or two, due to being cooped up inside due to the crappy weather in this area.

• 2 weeks later...

Chillen,

Who cares the graphics in COD do not compare to some better looking game,who freaking cares.Call of Duty has no equal for its dramatic and over the top battles and massacres and above all INTENSITY in single player mode.NO OTHER GAME COMES CLOSE

Quake 3 engeine,so what? Graphics still carry the game and the sourround sound puts Unreal to shame.

Its all about the complete gaming experience and Call of Duty is a near masterpiece,Unreal may have impressive graphics but the single player game stunk like rotten meat.Call of Duty is brilliant

The only major gripe is the levels feel closed and you follow a simplistic path,if the game had open levels than I would call it pure perfection.

----------------

On 2/8/2004 11:43:22 PM TheEAR wrote:

The only major grip is the levels feel closed and you follow a simplistic path,if the game had open levels than I would call it pure perfection.

----------------

That is pretty much the exact same thing Computer Gaming World said in thier review. Other than it feeling too linear, it was a excellent game. I also tend to agree, but I only just started playing it.