KLF 20 Clearance

maverick

Psssst...Hey buddy, keep it quiet or the whole world will be bidding on them cwm1.gif I already warned my wife if the KLF's ever go on e-Bay I'm getting a set. She reminded me I already have some and don't need any more. I said, "Yah, but if they go on e-bay I'm getting another set anyway, period. "A man has to do what a man has to do." hehe

I never saw UBID clearing out KLF20s or 30s, only the KLF-C7 centers (and considering that buying from UBID's auctions can often be a harrowing experience, I'd be afraid to buy something as big and bulky from them).

On the other hand, I was just at the J&R website, and it looks like they may be having a clearance on them - $499 each for the KLF-30s, $399 each for the 20s and $299 each for the 10s. These are great prices. Remember these are each and not for a pair, shipping will be expensive due to weight, and they only have them in black.

UBID auction prices (if they had ever had these) would probably go MUCH higher than this, and they'd probably be refurbished and come with little to no support from UBID (although they'd ahve support from Klipsch). J&R is a much more serious and reliable business to buy from, by a longshot.

I've waited a long time for a sale like this, but now I have to decide whether to buy another set of 30s for the rear, or sell some of the speakers I have to buy some of the upcoming Reference RF-7s! This will not be an easy decision! Help!

maverick, Shopping Tip: It is a good idea when looking for something,such as the 20's,to post what area of the country you live in so that someone,such as myself,

can let you know where to find a good buy that they may know about.Also,U-bid is like a roll of the dice.I certainly wouldn't order anything such as large loudspeakers from them.Of course,that's just my opinion

and I could be wrong. cwm19.gif

Keith

Bluz,

If you do well in Vegas, you may want to try UBID again!

I've won about 50 items on UBID, and about thirty of those were no problem. About 20 were headaches - from DOAs to damages boxes to items lost in UBID's warehouse (2 pairs of Wharfedales, and sadly, a Klipsch KSB-S6s, which they never found, and I never recovered from the trauma) to two refurbished receivers that looked like they had been beat with a stick and their remotes dropped off cliffs, to items lost for weeks in shipping but eventually found, to being billed for items they never shipped, te receiving speakers in the wrong colors. Many things they eventually fixed, after hours of calls and eternal vigilance on my part, but many things weren't. I can continue, but this is giving me some really bad flashbacks of things I really rather forget!!

If you can get KLF-20s brand new from a reputable dealer, that seems like a much better deal than the RP-5s (check with Klipsch, though, that buying at J&R from out-of-state still preserves your warranty).