monster cable line conditioner????

GOLDDOWN

Hey Guys, does the monster cable line conditioners really make your video look better and make music sound better? I know there great for surge protecting. I was thinking of buying the HTS-2600. However, If they don't do anything for the video or music I'll buy a surge p form radio shack For 80.00 instead of the 350.00 for monster.

Thanks guys.

not sure about the model surge you are looking at, but for all that money hopefully you'll see or hear the difference. I have a monster power surge paid only 75.00 for it on ebay brand new in box. I think it was a good buy everything is colorcoded for easy hookup and also came with i.d. tags to mark all the cords going into it. Good Luck on whatever you buy. Hey just a ? why buy rs35's when going with rc-7 for center upgrade to the rs-7's with the money you'll save on the surge.2.gif

I have the HTS 2600, and I like it a lot. I don't notice any video difference really, but just knowing it's doing something is all I need to know 9.gif I have all my stuff running through it expect the sub, to far from it.

I got it at a great deal is why I bought one, I wish I had the money for a voltage stabalizer though, sometimes it will show 110v on the HTS, but it still sounds perfect.

Guest Anonymous

I was having my system fine tuned today by the "experts" from ****** custom installation and started asking about their personnal equipment and what affects the sound in speaker wiring, component wiring, ect, then asked why should i spend so much on a stabalizer, and other monster equipment....in essence they said(peace of mind) i asked if it made a difference the response was the same(pease of mind). they said they install 10k-500k systems and have never really heard a difference in sound quality from spending more money except maybe on the highest end of equipment, and than only marginal...it's only for peace of mind to feel like there is a substantial difference.

Needless to say i have returned as much peace of mind as possible, and have a nice piece of money to get more equipment that i know i can hear. Get a good stabilizer with a good warantee as cheap as possible for your peace of mind and i agree, definatly upgrade your speaks, that is a difference you can definatly hear!!!!!

all the best SMILIN9.gif

I think the answer to this question has a lot to do with how critical an "eye" you have. Can the difference be seen? Probably not. Is there a difference? Definitly yes! Let me explain. Modern day line voltage ac power is far from pure. The is a lot of electrical "noise" consisting of small voltage spikes, electronic hash, intentionally superimposed signals etc. If you were to view a so called "Pure" ac signal on an osciliscope you would be amazed. The power supply sections of Video and audio devices do a good to fair job of filtering out this hash, but far from perfectly. Therefore, adding a sophisticated pre-filter is a good thing. Think of it like pulling up to the pump and filling your car with gas. Everyone knows that each car or truck has a fuel filter, but seeing that "final filter" attached to the hose just before the nozzel on the pump always gives us a greater sense of security. Of course the situation in your home theater system is far more complex than that but the "fuel filter" metaphore is a decent parody.

As for the 2600, it is not a voltage stabilizer, purely a complex filter. It is probably sufficient for the level of sophistication of your equipment. As for myself, I went with the 3600, which I got online for about $250. The 3600 has one more stage of filtering to remove the "Back EMF" (the digital noise each piece of equipment dumps back into the ac line) generated by digital components in the system itself.

Jerry Rappaport

I have an HTS 2500MkII which is essentially like the 2600 except for cosmetics. I have cable tv, with a 25 foot run of coax and s-video to my tv (plus component for dvd). I think (THINK) I see a slight (SLIGHT) improvement in picture quality in the form of less ghosting. Past that, I agree with all the forgoing posts.

I paid $150 for my 2500 on-line (but not sure I got a warranty or equipment protection--not a big deal because no way was I going to spend $350 + on the box).

On thing not previously mentioned--the box looks really good in an equipment stack!

I actually bought the 2600 about a month and a half ago. My picture wasn't better nor was my sound better. But here's what I did get out of it.

1) Another component that my friends ask about cause they don't know what it is.

2) Security knowing that I'm protected

3) Another component that fills up my racks more, looks great, and has cool lights.

4) It fixed my ground loop with my cable TV that was unbearable when playing MP3s from my computer. So I guess it did sorta clear up the music in that manner.

5) Did I mention that its just another cool component to add for ****s and giggles.

I paid $240 after shipping from EBay brand new out of the box. Clicked on one of those 'buy it now' icons.