Cornwall cane grilles

I'd love to find a pair of cane grilles for my Cornwalls. Anyone have a pair they want to unload?

Klipsch doesn't have 'em anymore as spare parts, but apparently they do sell the grillecloth. Does anyone know whether this is the same as the cane grille they used to use? And if so, how hard is it to get it made into grilles once you get it?

Thanks,

J!

I have a pair - never used them since I got the black ones - do not have the grilles on right now (once you have plenty of bass, the treble somehow becomes very important) guess I could wrap them and send them as large pictures, great conditon, nothing wrong, thought about using the name plates myself but then I rarely have the grilles on and when I do, the guests could care less about the system anyway ...

Hey KG,

Yup, I got a pair of Cornwalls. They have "T" in the serial numbers, so I think they're 1979. Birch, black grilles (want to get cane, though they look nice already), alnico squawker.

They sound great. Waaaaay better than the Heresys. Clear, spacious and unfatiguing. Tremendously powerful and weighty. Bass is less tight than the Heresys, but there's more of it.

I'm currently working on building a pair of Al K's CW crossovers, being an inveterate tweaker. But meanwhile I'm enjoying the music more than I have in years!

Best,

J!

Well, I have my new (used) 1983 Cornwalls in the back of the Suburban, and will get them set up when I get home.

They will be the fronts, with my Heresy 1's for rears and a C7 for Center. Now have to work on upgrading the amplification.

The CW's were on Ebay, fairly local and he had the original dealers sales reciept, Dealers warrenty, color Tri-Fold sales brochure and original Instruction Manual, with Warranty cards still attached.

Now, I just have to survive the night after the wife sees the size of these things. Ahh, the perils of HiFi.

On to find the ALK link and see about ordering the new X-overs.

Jobman (CA)

The new cane grill material is not quite the same as the old. The older material had a fine black or dark brown material (almost like fine threads) interwoven with the cane. The newer grill material also has a fine material interwoven, but its color is lighter, closer to the color of the cane itself. The cane itself is also lighter, but I think my older grills may have darkened with age (ca 1977).

It's amazing to me that you can still get the cloth at all.

I have black cloth grills on my Cornwall's and I remember the cane grills looking good at Hillcrest HiFi in Dallas so many years ago. But how do they sound? I'm afraid the cane might be a little more acoustically opaque than cloth. Any thoughts? Anybody ever compare the two?

Thanks,

James