pioneer VSX-55TXi and on screen display

roystr

i was assuming because my tv set has 1 cable out jack, i was missing some other kind of hook up to make the osd work. if the tv having 1 jack makes no difference, then im lost as to why i get no osd. everything works fine. vcr,dvd, tuner,,,,,, hmmmm,any ideas?

thanx

roy

roystr@hotmail.com

msn messenger ^

thanx alot.

PS: from what ive read here, you guys could prob make more from this receiver than i ever will,but with your help,and patience,,,,,im sure i will enjoy it just as much in the end.1.gif

Roystr:

I have the Pioneer Elite VSX49TXi receiver and according to MY Pioneer owner's manual, the on-screen set-up menu will only display if:

1) The "Monitor Out" connection is properly connected to the televison monitor. - it sounds like your is.

2) If the TV is connected to the receiver using a "Composite Video Cable", the receiver's "Color Burst" switch should be set to "ON". I believe the shipped default setting is "OFF". - Please give this one a try.

Hope this helps! Best of luck!

-Picky 2.gif

Is your connection from the Elite to the TV on a special input? Are you choosing the correct input on the TV? Stupid questions I know, but helps pin point some stuff. What are you using on the back of the elite to go to the TV? Monitor Out? I have mine going from the Monitor out to an input 1 on my Mits, and mine works great.

the color burst thing didnt work the wife says. in fact the wife is trying it now. if it dont work, can i call you??im (THANX FRANK).....and ill call you back

roystr@hotmail.com .........e-me w/ yer number and ill call you if ya wanna help me out.if ya call me ill call you back.

call me and help me, i need help pleassssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeee

thanx, but my tv is old and dont have only one out in the back and its for cable tv. so im stuck as to how im suposed to hook it all up. although it all works fine now. dvd,vcr, and the tv play well as they ought to as far as i can tell.

im so stuck.

So.....I guess you're okay now? That's great!

Would you mind please detailing what you had to do to resolve your issue of: No on-screen menu display on your Pioneer Elite Receiver for the benefit of the rest of us on the forum? Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...